Frequent Contributor

ok.   I think I'm going to pass on the boots.  cute, but not practical for where I live.   thank you all for your input.   you have all saved me a lot of money - that I can now spend on something else!!!!   like the next tsv!!!

Regular Contributor

I agree that the "burnishing" looks awful.  In fact, I just purchased an "as is" pair of boots from QVC (not the Earth brand).  They had clearly been worn and returned before I got them.  While I have had lots of luck with "as is" items before, these boots had to be sent back.  The back and the sides of the suede boots were shiny which were basically scuff marks from wear and driving.  The "burnishing" on Earth suede and leather boots just look like old, used boots.  And I don't buy the explantion that it's an "in" look.  Earth shouldn't waste the time of burnishing...the boots would look so much better without it.  To me, it eliminates my attraction to the item and that's a shame because I love the comfort of Earth shoes.  Now I know why I have so many pairs of Earth open toe booties and no closed toe booties.  

Honored Contributor

I had to laugh at the one review of the TSV I saw yesterday.  She is returning them because she doesn't like that burnished look on the toe.  Her review reads as if this was a surprise to her.

I understand not liking that but you mean to tell me you didn't notice that when you looked at them and ordered?  

My Earth boots are black and they have that burnishing and I'm fine with it.  You really can't see it that much on black boots.  But if I didn't like it, I wouldn't buy.  The burnishing is clearly visible on-line and during presentations.  IMO it's unfair to give these boots a 1 star because she didn't pay attention to what she was buying.   

Trusted Contributor

I don't mind the burnishing. Saves me the heartbreak of that first "boo-boo" that disturbs the pristine newness.

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover..................I wear a size 7.5 and have narrow feet.  I have a pair of earth sandals and booties.  I wear thin and medium socks with the booties and they fit good.  I find earth to be very comfy and stylish.  I will definitely order more earth shoes/boots.  I like the TSV booties, but I live in NC and I really dont need this type of boot.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)