Honored Contributor

Re: EARTH TSV on March 7, 2019

[ Edited ]

@luvsnowmen  Hooray! Awesome news. What colors did you order?

Honored Contributor

I received my pair about 30 minutes ago and they’re already boxed up to be returned. 

I thought they were really uncomfortable and they just didn’t look like they’d last long. I ordered my regular size and they fit....barely. I probably should have ordered a half size bigger. 

In any case, back they go.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Frequent Contributor

not Sally but i just received mine. They are not heavy at all. Very light. Slimmer, daintier look than Birkenstocks.

Frequent Contributor

I got the warm taupe i think it is called, size 7 which is my size. They fit perfectly. I love them. The new footbed is very comfortable. They have great arch support and im very choosy about that. I wish i ordered a second pair.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler 

I received the warm taupe, blue, and red today !     All are very nice colors and I especially love the shade of taupe. 

I wear a 9M in most brands  , but sometimes must go up half a size .  I was worried about slip ons , as I didn't want them to fall off or sound like flip flops, but would a 9 be "too short." 

Thankfully , they fit very well.  My heel fits perfectly in the heel cup.  Also , I love the placement of the strap as it holds the shoe against the foot and it is easy to climb my "killer basement steps" in them. I have almost gotten to the bottom faster than I meant to or had my slip on sandal go flying down the stairs.   No chance of that in these

This Earth is cute and  I am  somewhat happy, but in all honesty , it does have the feel of lower quality than the more expensive Earth shoes/sandals .  It really isn't giving me the comfort and support of the pricier Earth styles.   Just my personal opinion.    I am honestly concerned if the foot bed will last through the Summer. 

Enjoy your day !

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

@twocent  Thanks for your review! I believe I have one of the two pairs coming today. The other one, which I put in the same order, is still in processing. Not sure why.

After reading your post, I am eager to see how this shoe fits/feels on my feet. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

I did order two different sizes, because I have not worn sandals from Earth before, just boots. Some sandals you can get away with a smaller size because of the openness.

We'll see. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@twocent  I received one of the two pairs of the TSV I ordered. I LOVE IT!!! It fits perfectly, like you said.....heel fits perfectly in the heel cup. I agree that the placement of the strap holds the shoe against the foot, making it easy to climb up and down, or just move forward. I did try backwards. ha! That worked too!

I got the Sapphire Blue in one size and the Red in the next size up. Don't know why it didn't come with the blue, but it didn't. When I get it, if I like the color of red (not orangy or persimmon looking), then I will exchange for this size that I have now.

Again, this is my first pair of sandals from Earth, so I wasn't sure of the size compared to the boots I have from them. The sandals are definitely a smaller size than the boots.

I agree that they are cute and comfortable. I do not get the feeling of lower quality with it, as you mentioned; and I don't have a concern that the footbed won't last through the Summer. Hope I am correct and you are wrong! ha!

I am sure I will be purchasing more Earth sandals in the future.

Respected Contributor

Got my white ones yesterday and going back today.  The buckle rests on my little toe and is not comfortable.  If I loosen straps they flap on my feet like flip flops.  Also the footbed is not cushioned. The positive is that they are sized correctly. 

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler 

I received my sandals too.  Yay - They’re a keeper!  I ordered the sun orange and I really like the color. They are not a bright orange but more like a burnished orange.  My normal size fits great too.  This is my second pair of Earth sandals. I bought last year’s Earth sandal TSV (which was more of a closed sandal).  They seemed to be a flop for many but I love them and get compliments on them all the time (they are a yellow color).  Glad you like yours. Can’t wait for the weather to warm here so I can wear my cute new sandals. 😎

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic So glad you received yours sandals and that you like them. Bet the sun orange is really nice.

My other paid, the red, came yesterday. That was the one I sized up in because I wasn't sure how the Earth sandals run. The 1/2 size up, although slight bigger, is not bad and I could keep it, but think I will exchange it for the same red in the size I go that fits perfectly, Sapphire Blue.

This weekend and next week is supposed to be in the lower 70's, so I plan to wear the blue to work and see if I still like the feel of them after a full day of walking in them. I usually average around 15,000 steps lately, so that should be a good test of whether or not I will keep them.