Respected Contributor

Re: EARTH TSV on March 7, 2019

@World Traveler 

My credit card was charged with the preauthorization amount this morning and my TSV sandals are now in process.  So all is well! 😀

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic  Just checked and so are mine! Still the same EDD of 3/18, which like I said in a previous post.....won't be wearing them yet because of the weather. It was probably a glitch in the system.

Valued Contributor

So it appears after reading posts that nobody got the gest! Here it is again, if it were a "computer glitch" the hosts should have stated so during the very many presentations of that sandel from EARTH, THEY DID NOT.  It is calling being honest and also limits the amount of work a customer has to go thru as well as customer service when a customer orders shoes and 8 hours later find its ADVANCE ORDER, when there was no SELLOUT OF ANY COLOR BUT THE ORANGE?  You all might think it is not a big deal living in the snow, I live in Florida, and that issue doesn't effect me but what does effect me is QVC not telling customers on air, it wouldn't have allowed their customer service employees to assist customers, what it did do was create long hold times.

Contributor

This shoe is well done but I would not pay more than $50 for this style shoe. It needed to a better price for a TSV. I would prefer to buy Birkenstocks over this shoe when you are looking at spending over $70 with shipping and handling and tax on the Earth shoe. If I spend over $50 dollars on a shoe than it needs to look and feel like it. I don't mind buying quality but it has too be worth the money. Birkenstocks have a long history of quality, comfort and recommended by podiatrists. Not only that I am middle aged but Birkenstocks cross over all ages. My teenage daughter wears them and I wear them as well. My daughter would not wear these. I like to dress comfortable but I like to wear styles appropriate for age that do not age me. The rubber bottom looks like something on Skechers styles that tend to be at a better price point rather than Earth shoes in my opinion. I have a pair of Flip Flops from Skechers that do have a similar bottom that were about $20-30 dollar shoe. I love my Skechers but Earth to me is not Skechers. If they go to that type of style than their prices need to align with that. I have purchased the other 2 TSV Earth shoes. I bought the Felt shoes A342507 and I bought the Sandal in Blush A346894. I Love my Felt shoes and they were at a great price for a TSV, I bought the Sandals and they were over $50 dollars but I believe they were definitely a higher quality shoe with more workmanship and material required. They were leather and had a cork look bottom. I would have liked to see a better price for the sandal though as a TSV is supposed to be a great value and the best of the day. I think better pricing is warranted still. I love Eath shoes but please consider the price and materials. I don't see that shoe being worth over $50. I am a long time customer who has a background teaching fashion and design. I know quality products and materials. Maybe a Vibram bottom would warrant the price. 

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic  What color(s) did you get? I'm looking at your posts and don't see it mentioned, but maybe I just missed it. Just curious. I got the red and the blue. Need both those colors, but hoping the red is truly a red and the blue is more of a blue that would look good with denim.

Honored Contributor

@Seastarluv I may agree with you about the price once I get the shoes. Will see. The Earth boots I have are excellently made and have held up a long, long time. I haven't tried their sandals, so am eager to get them just to see how well made they are. Keeping my fingers crossed. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@willdob3  and @ScarletDove  I love Birkenstocks and have two pairs. Have had them for a very long time. They just keep going, don't they? ha!

Not familiar with the Arizona model though. 

I think someone once said that HSN carries Birkenstocks. I'll have to check sometime. But my Vionics and Clarks have been good to my feet. Hopefully, so will this model of Earth.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler 

I got the sun orange.  Before the TSV sandal was aired I thought about the alpaca because it looked in the photos like that color leaned towards yellow. But then when I saw the presentation I saw it was more brown and I already have brown sandals. 

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic  Actually, I liked all the colors, but made myself settle on just two. ha!

That sun orange you got looked very nice. 

The problem I sometimes come across when purchasing shoes from QVC is that they have the bright studio lights on them. So something that looks exactly like the color I want....but by the time I see it in person, it is usually darker. I have my fingers crossed on the red and blue.

Contributor

Just letting everyone know that I ordered three pairs and they shipped out today.