Respected Contributor

My hairdresser switched to a Dyson some months ago.  I don't see any difference in how it dries my hair or the time it takes, but I have fine hair.  I think if you have long, thick hair this might be valuable but not for someone like me.  I too, would never spend $400 on a hair dryer but if it's worth it to you, then you should go for it.

Honored Contributor

Walmart has it for $20 less. Regardless, it is just another over priced Dyson product. If a fool will buy it....they will sell it. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Super Contributor

Best hair dryer is Elchim. Made in Italy.

Esteemed Contributor

It will probably be the same price near the holidays but you

will have the extended holiday return time.

Guess that period starts around early October thru late Jan.

Esteemed Contributor

I learned long ago to never say never because you never know.  I thought it was crazy when it first came out. My hairdrsser began using on Dyson about 6 months ago and I realized my appointments were shorter and my curly hair looked great.  For my birthday I decided to treat myself because I'm worth it LOL and I purchased the Dyson and I absolutely love it.  Bought mine at Best Buy 12 months no interest.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Dyson blow dryer tsv

[ Edited ]

@Shawnie wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

Happy for those that love it.  But no way i would pay that or anything close to it.  

@Shawnie 

I too, am happy for those who have purchased the dryer and love it (hopefully for that much money),  but I myself, could never justify that purchase in my mind or pocketbook. 

I was amused, however,  last night when I checked for the TSV (tuned in around 11:45pm ) and Shawn was giving the sales pitch of a lifetime. Woman LOL

I know right?  I just wanted to say “Shawn, you can save your breath, no one is talking me into spending $400 on a hair dryer”.  LOL.

@Shawnie  I think I saw her twitch in her excitement a couple of times. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

My hairdresser switched to a Dyson some months ago.  I don't see any difference in how it dries my hair or the time it takes, but I have fine hair.  I think if you have long, thick hair this might be valuable but not for someone like me.  I too, would never spend $400 on a hair dryer but if it's worth it to you, then you should go for it.

@sueinsf  My hair stylist also has a Dyson. She said that it saves her time, but that I shouldn't get it. As someone who's drying several people's hair all day, I could see that the time savings could add up. The price isn't worth it for me since I'm lazy and rarely completely dry my hair. I dry it to get most of the water out. I've been using the Revlon brush thing that's all over YouTube since it was a gift, and I've been happy with the results. I think my hair's been less frizzy (between that and starting to use Wen correctly). 

Respected Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@sueinsf  My hair stylist also has a Dyson. She said that it saves her time, but that I shouldn't get it. As someone who's drying several people's hair all day, I could see that the time savings could add up. The price isn't worth it for me since I'm lazy and rarely completely dry my hair. I dry it to get most of the water out. I've been using the Revlon brush thing that's all over YouTube since it was a gift, and I've been happy with the results. I think my hair's been less frizzy (between that and starting to use Wen correctly). 

I can see that @pinkmochi.  My hairdresser got hers as a gift from the salon owner, so she really has to use it...lol.  I'll ask her next time I go in and see how she likes it and if it sames her time during the day.

I don't have a problem with spending a lot on a hair dryer, if it's worth it to you. But for me, I don't see spending quite this much, and because I have fine hair, it doesn't take me that long to dry it so the time savings isn't really a factor.