Contributor

I was wondering if I should buy this TSV or spend $300 more for new V10. Anyone have an opinion? Thanks

Honored Contributor

shark rocket

Super Contributor

I have both the V8 and the Rocket...much prefer the V8......don’t think I would upgrade to V10

Occasional Contributor

Presentation for the V8 I am watching now started out with a fib. Host stated

the V8 was the newest and most powerful Dyson available in cordless. Not good. Anyone interested in this Dyson knows this. We are not stupid!

Regular Contributor

Yes & they compare it to the V6.  I bought the V7 TSV not long ago & it's not much different than the V8 at $120 less!

Occasional Contributor

I have had the same question all day. I am so disappointed that it is not the V10. I have decided to give the V8 a try. $300 is a lot of money.

Respected Contributor

I retired early, in part, by STOPPING buying 500 dollar vacuums, 400 dollar Vitamixes, 350 dollar mixers, 2000 dollar Sleep Number beds, 500 dollar BOSEs, 200 dollar shampoos and 150 dollar lotions on Auto Delivery every two months..."on EASY PAY!!!!!"

SO freeing to FINALLY be able to be rid of expensive gadgets and the knowledge that MOST of the time, the stuff is exactly the same as no-name items .

I an SO DONE with "look-at-me" name brand KRAAAP.

It's a vacuum.

Regular Contributor

Well, I dom't think the Dyson V10 is ****** at all. I purchased it and I love it. I have a large 3,700 sq. ft. house and I vacuum the whole house on 1 charge. Mostly on the second setting. The third setting is way too strong. It picks up my trhow rugs. I am so glad I purchased it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have both and the V10 is Great! I think it depends on what your needs are for the upright. I have GSD's so dog hair clumps can clog a weak motor. I have multiple floor surfaces and Royal Palace rugs. I've been looking at these uprights in all brands for years. I finally drove to BBB to see if they were heavy to hold and how sturdy they were. I was also interested in how large the dust bin was. I vacuum twice a week with the floor models and those dust bins are full every time. I like the V8 and it does a fine job if it's just a quick pick up or steps. The V10 has much longer run time, a power selection and a larger bin. It is also about 3 pounds lighter (i think). It feels great in the hand to move from room to room. I use mine for area rugs that are beyond the corded model and all the hard surfaces and hard to reach carpeted areas. I'm pleased with it. 

Super Contributor

I love my V8 absolute with hepa filtration.  Great run time and does a fantastic job.