Frequent Contributor

Maybe I'm missing something, but I think QVC is being a bit misleading on the model they are selling for the upcoming TSV.  The TSV is for the Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute Pro.  This comes with the direct drive cleaner head.  According to the preview, they added "Pro" to the name because of the extra tools that come with it.

The Cyclone V10 Absolute on the Dyson website is the torque drive cleaner head.  According to the Dyson website, the Cyclone V10 Motorhead is the one with the direct drive cleaner head.  The Absolute seems the superior model and costs more. 

Is QVC calling it the Absolute because it comes with the fluffy head?  I believe it should be renamed the V10 Motorhead Pro, so people will know they aren't getting the torque drive cleaner head.  I was thinking about upgrading until I did this research and found out this model isn't what it seems.             

Super Contributor

I have been researching vacums. I think I am going with the German built Miele vacum. My mom has one and loves it. The reviews overall are very good.

Floral Pillow
Esteemed Contributor

@RhondaRena  Love my melie vacuum!  

Esteemed Contributor

I have 4 Dyson vacuums (2 houses) & one Shark ..... the Dyson’s are very overrated ... the Shark is my favorite😀

Respected Contributor

@godi & @RhondaRena   Because of your remarks on here I purchased a Miele Vacuum and it arrived today.  Thank you, I love it.  I bought the dog & cat version.  Will have to get used to bags again as I own a Dyson now.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dyson V10 Absolute? TSV

[ Edited ]

The Dyson Rep's presentation provided incomplete  information... They charged up the vacuum and said it was going strong for an hour....BUT that was on the Deep Carpet Setting (LOW)...Here's the times for the other settings for those without DEEP CARPETS........Additional disclosure needed for ALL 3 power modes in their presentations.  Here's what a friend found out from QVC CS.....

Charge time is 3.5 hours. There are three power modes . Powerful suction Up to 35 minutes with Torque drive cleaner head (in Suction mode I) and up to 40 minutes with Soft roller cleaner head (Suction mode I).

•  
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I have 4 Dyson vacuums (2 houses) & one Shark ..... the Dyson’s are very overrated ... the Shark is my favorite😀

@January121 

Yep, sticking with Shark!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

Huge Sigh!!!! Every single time this vacumn is offered, we as consumers go thru this. By this, I mean sorting thru what we are really receiving. This is probably a good price but the truth is it isn't the top of the line because it is lacking the motor that would make it so.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dyson V10 Absolute? TSV

[ Edited ]

From a consumer reporter....

https://gizmodo.com/dysons-pricey-cordless-vac-is-so-good-its-killing-cord-1823469578

by Andrew Liszewski

Dyson claims you can clean for a full hour on a single charge—which is 20 minutes more than it promised with its predecessor, the Cyclone V8. But in reality, that would be under the most ideal conditions using an un-powered accessory to clean up minimal dirt on the vac’s lowest power setting.

In my tests, battery life with the Cyclone V10 was definitely shorter, depending on how and where I used it. Cleaning carpets clogged with dirt would demand using the vacuum with its direct-drive cleaning head attachment at its Max setting. That net me just over eight minutes of cleaning time before the vac’s battery died. Eek.

Yet if your carpets aren’t so filthy, switching to the Cyclone V10's lowest power setting (which still sucked up enough dirt to fill the dust bin in about 15 minutes) scored me a more respectable 37 minutes on a full charge.

Battery life gets a little better when cleaning hardwood floors where there’s less resistance on the Cyclone V10's soft roller cleaner attachment’s spinning brushes. At MAX power I was able to clean for just over nine minutes before the battery called it quits, but switching to the lowest power setting kept it sucking for a solid 52 minutes. Still not quite a full hour, but definitely an improvement over its predecessors.