Honored Contributor

One thing to note about the Dyson's TSV.  Unless the engineers have put in a slide lock on the handle (where you can lock it on and then slide it off again).... this item's on switch has to be depressed throughout performance.  It doesn't matter to some buyers but to others who have dexterity or strength issues, it makes a huge difference.  That's why when I bought one a year or so ago I sent it right back.  After 20 minutes of holding the button "on" my hand would cramp....  Just some info that I don't believe is mentioned in the promo....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I got excited at first. I wish the Dyson Hair Dryer was a TSV. I want it and I don't care if my husband doesn't think it won't do anything that my current T3 dryer does.  T3 2iLuxe - by the way it retails for $250 but I got it discounted at least 5 years ago and it still works but no magic. With this Dyson, I want to go and wash my hair. I have long wavy, medium tectured hair that I can use a diffuser with.

Honored Contributor

I was seriously tempted until I went to the Dyson website and saw that the V6 cordless is only 299 and reviews complained that it wouldn't hold a charge for more than 5 minutes at a one year old machine. Dyson rep replied that it was designed for quick cleanups and in between cleanings. Even new the manual says 16 minutes of cleaning when using the floor heads. I was looking at it to use as my basic household vac. I'm always leery of rechargable machines because the battery will become an issue.  

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I have bought each of my daughters versions of the Dyson vacuums (i.e. canister, 3 uprights).  I also bought myself the stick vacuum and one for two of my daughtes.  We all love all of the Dyson products.  I own several of the fans and heaters.

I have just the opposit problem with holding it open.  I have bad arthritis in my entire body.  My hands are especially bad.  I feel like the handle is like a quick trigger.  It goes off too quickly for me (and drives my cat crazy).

So, in retrospect, we probably have the same problem just different ways of seeing it.  Ha!  @Q4u I agree with you!  Took me long enough to say it, didn't it?

Frequent Contributor

The cordless Dyson DOES need to have a lock to keep the vacuum on without having to hold it continuously.   I was going to give one to my sister and after she used it a few minutes she switched to the regular vacuum.  She did not like how she had to hold the trigger for it to be on. 

My husband also does not like the cordless for that very reason.  He says his arthritis would act up.  He says all his equipment to do yard work has a switch to keep the trigger on.

So I was going to buy the new cordless vacuum.  I already had one from a few years ago and wanted to upgrade to the new one with the more power and fluffy head, but since both of them don't like it, I will just keep the old one and get me a Roomba instead.

Frequent Contributor

I got the v8 when it was a tsv last month and I LOVE it! I use it for my entire house. So glad I bought it with all the attachments! It easily lasts an hour of cleaning with one charge! 

Respected Contributor

@Q4u

Thank you for this feedback.  I did catch the Dyson rep say that you held it down while vacuuming.  This would not be good for going from room to room for regular maintenance.

I have a Bissell-Swiffer steamer that you have to hold down the entire time.  I didn't think it would be a big deal, but after a few minutes, your thumb and finger joints do feel the stress.

For now, I will continue to use my Oreck upright and canister vacuum.

I will say the $30 gift card, when placed on your Q card, almost made me cave though! I hope the Q does more of this in the future!

Honored Contributor

After I sent the Dyson cordless back I purchased a cordless Electrolux (from QVC) and am very very happy with it, does a great job for quite a long time before recharging, and I don't have to hold the trigger down for the duration.

Btw, my hand muscles and leg muscles were compromised by using a Statin drug (Simvastatin) for over 18 months.  I didn't make the connection until I could no longer open a bottle of water or get myself up the stairs to our motorhome~!!  I told the doctor and (the doctor I had at the time) poo-poo'd me about the Statin/muscle link.....  I titrated myself off the statins completely and although it took about a year, my muscles are probably 90% back.  I lost 10% of my muscle strength from that drug~!   I was, even in my 50's, a 2nd degree black belt in Tang Soo Do, taught classes and competed in tournaments .... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*