Frequent Contributor

Dyson TSV, HP02, 1/12/2020; Air Purifier Capacity Anyone?

Has anyone found an answer to the air purifier capacity for today's Dyson TSV? I've looked at their website, read the manual and cannot find the specs. Without the specs, the comparisons are not helpful. I have a Honeywell air purifier like they show on the video (which I love), and the big Honeywell covers/cleans 465 square feet. 

The Dyson would not be that pricey in comparison, ONLY IF it is similar in capacity. 

I'm suspicious, since I cannot find the specs anywhere!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Dyson TSV, HP02, 1/12/2020; Air Purifier Capacity Anyone?

I just wonder how much can this “air cleaner” really do and is it worth that much additional money from other Dyson?

Look!  I love Dyson products.  I have 5 Dyson fans.  Two of them are the hot/cold version.

I bought one daughter in Colorado 2 hot/cold fans.

I just realized ( counting them) that I gave the Fairfax daughter 2 hot/cold Dyson.

Meanwhile, I have 2 stick Dyson and 2 of the heavy vacuums.  I bought both daughters the Dyson sticks too.

OK, so I only mention all. This Dyson “stuff” to emphasize that if a ding bat like myself questions the effectiveness and the extra expense of the Dyson TSV that’s (as they say) “food for thought”.

@DebPA3  You make an excellent point.  Just how effective can that thing be?

What people might not realize is that all Dyson fans act like a tiny air cleaner.  Periodically, those little holes and filter needs to be cleaned.  You can see the dust collected on top of them.

So....it would clean SOME of the air it drew into and thru the fan....but we always get back to...how much air will be drawn in?

Thanks for your post.  I was ready to order it when I saw your post.

Hey!  Deb!  You saved me money!  Thanks again.Heart

Honored Contributor

She just demonstrated something that impressed me.

She sprayed something near the Dyson and it showed it was clearing the air.

Hummm....I'm thinking...."Change the channel Annabelle"...change it now.

Trusted Contributor

I wanted one of these until I found out that I would have to pay $70 for a replacement filter.  That turned me off.  Also comparing the size of the fan "blade" to the hot/cold Dyson we have, it seemed so much smaller.

Honored Contributor

So I saw in one of my rag magazines a picture of Harrison Ford carrying one out of a store.

It must have been a slow news day.  Ha!  Either that .....or the photographer worked for Dyson.  Ha!

It even mentioned it was a Dyson air purifier...bla bla.

I tried to see what store it was because maybe he got a good deal...but I couldn't tell.

It looked like maybe a wharehouse store.

Respected Contributor

I have 4 parrots and 3 dogs so I have to have heavy duty air cleaning. I have an IQAIR in my main house and an Austin Pet Machine in my bird room. Both are expensive but both are awesome. The Austin Pet Machine filter lasts me about 3 years. The filters are very expensive to replace but I would look into 1 of these brands before I invested in a dyson. The machines I have are all about cleaning the air.