Honored Contributor

Dyson March 9 - a second vacuum?

The Dyson cordless sounds more like a second vacuum to be used for quick clean ups. Just wondering if many of you would find a need for something like this. If I'm going to spend $299 for a vacuum, I'd want it to be my only one.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dyson March 9 - a second vacuum?

Got to agree.....but also can't BELIEVE Dyson has another TSV....................overkill.

Honored Contributor

I would love this, but too much $$$

Honored Contributor

How may Dyson TSV's have there been in the last year. I'd venture a guess it has been at least four! That really is overkill considering they only offer 365 of them a year.

Esteemed Contributor

I have one of their stick vacuums....its convenient...but certainly not all that good at cleaning....

Honored Contributor

Well I love my Dyson, but don't need 2.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

It depends on how large your house is and how big your messes! I bought a Black & Decker rechargeable for kitchen crumbs/small jobs from the Q for $40 - $50 range. Love it - and for quick car cleanup.

I have two upright Dyson animal - one for upstairs and one for downstairs. Love Love the Dyson.

Honored Contributor

I own 2 Dyson Animals and bought my daughter the Grey Dyson (not top of line) and the other daughter the ball Dyson (she wanted it for her long staircase and wood floors).

I tried the stick when it first came out and I didn't care for it. However, she says this one is better than the first one.

I want to know if it is top of the line because that's the only thing I want. If it isn't the Dyson Stick top of the line, I don't want it.

Have they said?

Honored Contributor

That's awfully expensive (at least to me) for a vacuum for "quick pickups". I have a cheapie (less than $40) battery operated sweeper that I use for those quick pickups. I've had my "cheapies" for many years (one for upstairs and one for downstairs). They're all I need for those quick pickups. Additionally, I'm not sure where I'd store the stick vacuum so that it could always be on the recharger. Granted, my "cheapie" probably isn't nearly as powerful as the Dyson, but I don't need a lot of power for quick pickups. When I need power, I get out my full-service Shark.