Trusted Contributor

Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal Pro Cordfree Vacuum TSV

We just moved to a new home and need to buy a vacuum~ our previous house had central vac so its been a long time sinceI have been in the market for a new vacuum~

I want a cordless ~ and like that it converts to a hand held~ we have all hard surfaces on main level ~ and upstairs which is just two rooms is carpet ~ and we have pets ~ 

Is this a good value and  good vacuum?

Would love some feedback 

Thanks !

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal Pro Cordfree Vacuum TSV

@CoastalGal

I do not know about the Dyson. But we purchased the Bissell Air Ram cordless, and I love that thing!! Got it from HSN for less than $200.

What could be a drawback is that the Bissell has no attachments like dust brush or crevice tool. But I do separate dusting anyway.

In this day & age, a cordless is a great way to go! Super lightweight and highly effective.

Trusted Contributor

I have the V8 and love it.  Lightweight and the tools are awesome.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Frequent Contributor

We bought a Dyson cordless and promptly sent it back.  Got about 10 minutes of run time on a charge, and it took several HOURS to charge it back up.  Can't say if they've improved the battery since then or not.  It will run a bit longer on lower speed but without the power.  

Trusted Contributor

@JDW174 wrote:

We bought a Dyson cordless and promptly sent it back.  Got about 10 minutes of run time on a charge, and it took several HOURS to charge it back up.  Can't say if they've improved the battery since then or not.  It will run a bit longer on lower speed but without the power.  

What year and model was that?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a big Dyson fan. I have 4! one handheld cordless and three uprights! I have a big old house so I have one on each level. We have two big dogs (GSD's) that shed all year,and always have some DIY project in progress. This brand pulls up so much stuff you can't believe it! I love the cordless for the steps and cars. I've looked at the stick versions and have found that you need at least the V8 or above if you have pets and larger areas.Dyson makes a good product (IMO) and I love the washable filters that are substantial. The only thing that I noticed was that if you want to do multiple rooms you may have to empty the bin a few times. I'm used to that with these dogs, so it isn't an issure. I have aubusson rugs so I'm not convinced that any cordless would get down in these thick rugs. The regular carpet and bare floors (of any type) would be fine.I use all of mine. I really believe in having the right tool for the job. It makes it quick and easy if you are not struggling with a tool that just can't perform the task.

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't be without my cordless/rechargeable Dyson. I have four cats, and use it everyday - the suction is amazing. I've heard complaints that they don't hold a charge, but I've never had a problem with that. My main level is about 1000 sq. ft and is all tile except for a large area rug in the LR. I have never run out of a battery charge. My upper level is about the same size but has carpet - I use my Dyson upright for that level.

Esteemed Contributor

The collection unit is very small.  I would be emptying it multiple times daily.