Contributor
I don’t understand how adding a plastic carrying bag, a hair towel, & hair band, makes this a TSV. I bought this blow dryer, but returned it awhile back, because although a well-built hair dryer, it didn’t out perform, my buttercup at less than half the price.

I don’t understand why they don’t just lower the price of this dryer for a TSV. In my mind, a more reasonable price (but still too high) would be $199.00. So $399, plus a plastic bag, a hair towel, & hair band?! (& btw...presenters make it sound like hair attachments are part of the extras, but they already come included with the dryer)...I’m sorry, but I can get a better plastic bag and hair towels for way less than the listed prices of these “values” anywhere else. QVC: You want this to be a real special value? LOWER the price for heavens sake!!! Because most viewers are too intelligent to be fooled by your supposed value. Thank you.

Valued Contributor

I have wanted to try this dryer for a long time and keep waiting for a sale.  There hasn't been one.  Dyson won't allow the price to be lowered so the only thing QVC can do is throw in some extras while keeping the price at $399.  

Honored Contributor

the same as offering Apple with the cheap extras, Dyson will not allow discounting 

BTW you can buy the Dyson at Sephora when they have VIB sales twice/year and save 15 or 20% 

Honored Contributor

also the financing and ezpay is a big draw for them 

Trusted Contributor

Its a big no for me.  Even if it was the blow dryer of all blow dryers, I could never see spending 400.00 on one.  I just could never sustantiate this purchase. There is the free shipping.  lol. 

Honored Contributor

My $20.00 blow dryer from Walmart will do this exact same job.  Just my opinion but expensive hair dryers are one of the dumbest things we can fall for.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

If anyone is crazy enough to spent that kind of money,your hair much be made of gold.!

Honored Contributor

Re: Dyson Blow Dryer TSV

[ Edited ]

My 1800 watt Revlon is still performing very well, does not make my hair frizzy, does not burn my scalp and dries quickly.....  I'd say $400 could buy me a lifetime supply of Revlon dryers,,,Woman LOL  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

$400.00 for a hair dryer, another $400.00 for a blender. $500.00 for an alarmclock radio, $200.00 for a set of headphones, $1,200.00 for a laptop computer, $400.00 for a vacuum cleaner, $200.00 shampoo, $50.00 body wash  priced me right out of buying anything. There's nothing on that list I would even think of buying at those prices. A $20.00 alarmclock will wake me up just as well. I can let my hair dry on it's own, it will. I use a blender maybe once a year, I'm not going to start making green smoothies no matter what the price of a blender is. I can get headphones at most stores in the Clearence rack and they won't cost that much. I also don't need everything bluetooth. Apple anything is over priced, and they never have a sale. My old $200.00 vacuum cleaner does just fine as long as I can still buy the bags. And yes, I like using bags, they don't poof the dust all over when I get rid of them. I have no need for expensive shanpoo either. I want my hair clean, but I'm not paying a car payment for it, and I have no room for a gallon bottle on the side of my tub. The same goes for body wash, clean yes, but it doesn't have to cost that much. Just not interested in expensive stuff when something at a more reasonable price does just as well. If I buy expensive, it has to have a really good reason and I haven't heard that reason. Making some vendor rich isn't on my to do list.

Honored Contributor

There are some things that are worth the extra price.  For me, it's a computer as I use the heck outta mine and I don't buy a new one every few years.  Yep, I'm using an Apple.  But I have an Android phone and the OS can't be upgraded without taking the chance of bricking it by breaking into it.  For a chef, it's the knives.  I don't cook near enough to pay what a chef would pay for their knives.  And I dare say they wouldn't use one of those devices QVC sells for sharpening their knives either.  A $20 alarm clock probably doesn't have a white noise sound machine on it which I need to go to sleep, so I paid a bit more for that option since I don't want another separate device for that cluttering up my nightstand.  I guess it depends on what is important to you, and there's a device for everyone, but a $400 hair dryer is not for me.