Honored Contributor

That Air Wrap tool is remarkable.  If I had long hair, which I don't, I'd eat beans in order to pay for one.  It would be an essential.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I have the Dyson airwrap from 2019 and love it. My husband gave it to me for Christmas 2019. They had 2 or 3 different options with that TSV. He gave me the one with everything in it. Very easy to use

I wish they would offer just the attachments. So I could add the new pieces to the one that I already own.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dyson Airwrap

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

PT Barum said it best!

And what PT didn't say, Carly Simon did.

I bet you think this song is about you. Don't you. Don't you. Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor
@respect life never planned on spending 600.00 on a hair tool just giving my opinion.
Valued Contributor

@BostonMommy wrote:

I have the Dyson airwrap from 2019 and love it. My husband gave it to me for Christmas 2019. They had 2 or 3 different options with that TSV. He gave me the one with everything in it. Very easy to use

I wish they would offer just the attachments. So I could add the new pieces to the one that I already own.

Both Sephora and Ulta offer 5 of the new style attachments for $200. I almost went that route but my Airwrap is 5 years old. I don't want to invest $200 and potentially another $600 if mine dies in the near future. Must say, I've never had a blowdryer last this long. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am reading through this thread and find it very arrogant and confusing. People are at all different financial levels and for some this is a drop in the bucket and for others it is not. This a hair styling tool  not a life or death matter. If you buy it great for you, if not no problem. This is all about what the consumer is willing to pay 

Shark has one that is similar but is half the price. I wonder if anyone has tried this brand. It would be interesting to compare results.

Super Contributor

@Starliteshine wrote:

@BostonMommy wrote:

Both Sephora and Ulta offer 5 of the new style attachments for $200. I almost went that route but my Airwrap is 5 years old. I don't want to invest $200 and potentially another $600 if mine dies in the near future. Must say, I've never had a blowdryer last this long. 

Thank you  Starliteshine

I agree I have also never had one last this long either. Something to think about

Trusted Contributor

@elated wrote:

I am reading through this thread and find it very arrogant and confusing. People are at all different financial levels and for some this is a drop in the bucket and for others it is not. This a hair styling tool  not a life or death matter. If you buy it great for you, if not no problem. This is all about what the consumer is willing to pay 

Shark has one that is similar but is half the price. I wonder if anyone has tried this brand. It would be interesting to compare results.

There are a million TikToks on this. People have done one side of their hair with each and compared. The majority said the results were the same, and the curl held up the same on both sides. Others said they preferred one or the other, and the same with the curl holding time. Most have said to buy what you feel comfortable spending since the results are similar.

I have spent hours and watched more videos than I can count on youtube and TikTok about this. That is why the choice was so hard for me. I was leaning toward the Shark because of the smaller rod, but I didn't care for how you had to switch the direction. The TSV chose for me because of the smaller rod being included. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Dyson Airwrap

[ Edited ]

I rarely use a blow dryer but out of curiosity I checked the Dyson website to see if the deal was comparable.  It is as far as the tools but instead of the stand, you get a pouch, case and a free brush. Same price, free ship.

I typically air dry my waves and run a curling iron through in the morning to smooth them out to get that true beachy wave.  My stylist showed me how to use a regular old curling iron to get the exact look that the rotating beachwaver gives.  She went through two of them before they quit twirling and figured out how to get same look with a clamp curling iron.  Lasts all day and sometimes even when I sleep on it. Just need a little boost in front.  My hairdryer is 8 years old and my curling iron has lasted me 5 years.  I think I paid 20$ for the dryer and the same for the coated iron.

I will admit I'm intrigued by the Dyson, but I can't afford something like that unless I win scratch off😵‍💫.   But for those that can, have fun with it!

Honored Contributor

I was thinking about getting this today since it's my birthday but I don't really need to spend the right now. Although, it may be worth it, $600 is still a lot of money for a hair tool, no matter who you are. 

I'll have to look into it more.