Super Contributor

We have had ours for about 3 years this Summer.  Hubbie left it on all Winter

and we have had hardly any spiders at all this year.  It works wonderfully.  I

would like to buy another one for the front of the house, but haven't done it

yet.  Hubbie was really sick for 6 months, and hasn't been able to work, so

I haven't bought much at all.  You will love it if you get it but don't wait until you

are having trouble with the insects.  Turn it on early in the Spring to really get

them, and keep you yard nice without them.

Super Contributor

I live in Southern CA and I found it to be an absolute waste of money.  It attracted nothing.  It was a nightmare shipping it back.  I would put it on my worst purchases from QVC list

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I have 1 acre lot.  Last year I had a large one and a small one out.

I don't go outside much so I assume they work.  Ha!  My daughter must be super sweet because she ends up looking like one bump!  Ha!

Yet, that girl won't set out the one I bought her.  She swears it draws them near (whatever...that's how they work).

My point for this post.  I was going to order new bates.  I did order new bulbs (just to have).

But everyone, and I mean everyone mentioned the smell from the bates.  I never noticed it because I don't even go out on my screened porch (I'm either hot or cold).

Has anyone else noticed the smell?  I decided not to order new bates because of that.  What do you guys notice?  David hasn't said anything about the smell...but then why would he....he's selling them?

I bought mine before they came with baits, but unless they are really strong smelling, I don't see what the problem would be.  You're supposed to put the unit far away from where you usually hang out.  Otherwise, the bugs will find you on the way to get to the unit.

Respected Contributor

@mamarose98 wrote:

I have had this for about three years.  I have both sizes.  They work very well!  We usually set it up before we will be eating outside, so the deck is free of bugs.. You need to keep it on at all times for it to work properly.

We have one also and it works just like you say.  

It's so nice to grill in my outdoor kitchen absolutely insect free.  

Respected Contributor

I seem to catch alot of moths that are attracted to the light at night. I only have had to dump bugs annually. I dont honestly know if it works or not?