Valued Contributor

If I recall correctly there was already a Dyna Trap TSV this year, and I think they were the same sizes that are on Pre-Sale now.  I thought those reviews were very low, complaints about the bulbs and other issues.  I read those comments because I had thought about purchasing them, and was glad that I ended up passing.

Have the issues been addressed that people were concerned about, or is this basically unloading what was left over or orders that were cancelled.  I actually have two very small ones, that we use in an enclosed porch that the Q had sold 5 or more years ago and they work really well.  No complaints. I would be interested in the larger ones for outside, but if this is the same exact model, I am not interested.

Honored Contributor

I can't attest to this very last TSV but I bought it as a TSV last summer. 

We have the 1 acre size and could not be more pleased.

It works fantastic on skeeters.  We are the only ones who can sit out by our pool w/o getting eaten!

No problems with bulbs etc.

In fact, we have used the same bulb from last summer and it is still going.

It didn't get any wasps though

Esteemed Contributor

I have purchased two of the Dynatraps from years 1 and 2 TSV's.  No problems with the blubs, etc. They really work for us. I think placement of the dynatrap is important and is different than most of these types of traps.  It works the opposite of what has been in the market.  Our lot is large and irregular so we needed the extra one to really make it comfy both in the back patio and on the front porch. I am seriously considering purchasing a third for the side yard.

I empty ours about once a week.  I don't find it any more difficult than those flameless candles that had the tiny screw in the battery compartment.

It's great if you have dogs outside. I no longer worry about them getting stung or bit by some flying "thing". ....or me.  

Respected Contributor

I purchased this as a TSV last year and used it all summer.  Absolutely no complaints here.  It worked very well and no problems with the bulb at all.  In fact, DH and I were just talking about buying another one so I am glad to see it will be a TSV again.  We have a large corner lot and put the one out back which has worked with the back and side yards.  This year we have spent more time on the front porch with an odd mosquito showing up here or there.  Doesn't happen when we are in the back yard, so we talked about purchasing another small one to put in the front yard.  I have no qualms about purchasing another one for the front. 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Occasional Contributor

The mosquitos in my area must be smart, didn't catch many~ i did see 1 or 2 in the trap. You can also buy these at Bed Bath Beyond, Amazon, and seen some in Marshalls.

Respected Contributor

I love this device.  I bought it  (1/2 acre) last July and it worked, but it would have had better results if I had had one earlier in the season.  I was also paying my pest control company $75.00/month to spray my property This costs kept going for about seven months.  

This year I purchased the TSV in March (1/2 acre).  I put it out in early April with (almost) 100% satisfaction.  I have the older version in the front and the newer version in the back.  I will not need to spend the $575.00/season to have my property sprayed. This works better!

Respected Contributor

One more thought:

Mosquitoes are so tiny to begin with.  So, I analyzed the contents of the "catch" after I had about 3/4 full basket. Perhaps I am a bit of an analytical science nerd!  They are in there! Lots and lots of little skinny and broken legs along with diminished wings. You really notice the moths and wasps more than the mosquitoes because they have a more substantial frame and legs to begin with!

This would make a great science fair project!  All you really need is a Dynatrap, and dissecting microscope. You could win a blue ribbon if done correctly!

Frequent Contributor

I bought one with high hopes it didn't catch but a few things. I'm very disappointed.im going to keep trying it so............

Super Contributor

I have 2 of the older ones..they work great... I did order the small TSV one.  I hope it works as well as the older one.  Will see.. this one will be going inside.  

Honored Contributor

Does it work on gnats or those bugs that buzz in your ear or fly in your eyes?  I know you wouldn't be able to see them in the trap, but have you noticed a difference in those?