Honored Contributor

I love my DynaTrap BUT..... if you get the DynaTrap do not do as Alberti says and put it in you 4 season sunroom or your garage.  And don't place it next to your backyard lounge chair or on the table on the deck.  If you do, you're just asking to be attacked by the bugs.  It attracts the bugs to itself, but if the bug runs across the human on it's way, it's going to go after the human.  You want to put it in an area where people do not congregate or hang out.  

Respected Contributor

Dyna Trap works but allow two weeks. It seems to get established and then does an excellent job controlling our mosquitoes. We have two. One is the back yard in a secluded area. The other is in the front courtyard as far away from our front door as possible. Ours are the half acre size, so maybe our next door neighbors are benefiting, too.

Esteemed Contributor

Does it work on flies?  Thanks in advance

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac Yes, flies, moths, mosquitoes, stink bugs, hornets, and yellow jackets I believe are the 6 that are listed.  Leave it running 24/7 throughout the season.  That push-button hopper emptying is a game changer for me.  I had a previous version and hated taking it apart to empty the hopper.

Super Contributor

I bought mine about five years ago.  It really helped keeping the gnats and small flying insects off my pool water.  But... I hated cleaning that thing.  It was disgusting with some dead, some still alive.  A wriggling disgusting mess. 🤢  I stopped using it and keep my pool covered when not in use.   I decided that the birds and bats needed the insects!

Honored Contributor

If you are interested in the 1/2 acre model and would be happy with the bronze, get it at Costco.  It is cheaper on their website with shipping included and even less expensive if you shop in person.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to all that responded

Honored Contributor

I have a Dynatrap in my garage, not because I spend a lot of time in there, but because insects that get into the garage tend to hover around the door that leads into my home, and they fly in as soon as that door is opened.

This Dynatrap is the older style that is harder to empty.  My newer one is in the back yard.  

At the end of last fall, my back-up garage Dynatrap did get emptied, and there were a number of dead bodies in it.   Bugs that were prevented from flying onto my house!

Trusted Contributor

It says I can't get this shipped in SoCal? 

Esteemed Contributor

Save your money.