Respected Contributor

DynaTrap_6_12.jpg

F-14280 DynaTrap XL Insect Trap For 1/4 Acre w/ Extended Life UV LED Bulbs $48.76

F-13873 DynaTrap XL Insect Trap For 1/2 Acre w/ Extended Life UV LED Bulb $79.76

F-13874 DynaTrap XL Insect Trap For 1 Acre w/ Extended Life UV LED Bulb $129.76

Choice of Brick Red, Copper, Bronze, Green or Tungsten

Honored Contributor

I see they have added a mini.  

I love mine, but really wish they would change the design to make changing the buld easier rather than taking the thing apart.  The big one has an easier bulb change-out, but I just don't want one that big.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I see they have added a mini.  

I love mine, but really wish they would change the design to make changing the buld easier rather than taking the thing apart.  The big one has an easier bulb change-out, but I just don't want one that big.

And I wish they'd redesign it so that the blades are easier to access to clean.  When it gets humid, they get filthy and end up impeding its functionality.  

Respected Contributor

I have an older model and am just not sure it takes care of mosquitoes, which is my main complaint. It seems to do a great job of trapping moths but I still get eat up by mosquitoes, even right next to the device. It's really difficult in our humidity to keep clean, I have to do a soaking scrub to clean it. I keep mine plugged in, just not sure I would upgrade unless I knew it would work.

Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

I have an older model and am just not sure it takes care of mosquitoes, which is my main complaint. It seems to do a great job of trapping moths but I still get eat up by mosquitoes, even right next to the device. It's really difficult in our humidity to keep clean, I have to do a soaking scrub to clean it. I keep mine plugged in, just not sure I would upgrade unless I knew it would work.

@Carolina925 

Exactly the problem I have!  It gets bogged down in the humidity from the gunk that collects on the blades and eventually stops if you don't keep it clean, which is a huge hassle.  And when it's the most humid is when we have the most bugs!

Mine works great and I love it when it's working, but keeping it clean under those conditions can end up being a full time job.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette , I've opened up mine to clean before and BIG moths have flown out; that just grosses me out. I don't want to see them in stages of death.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I own a ThermaCell and it doesn't attract the mosquitos it just creates an "area" around you that keeps them away.

A different concept to the bug problem but thanks for sharing all your issues with DynaTrap, I sure don't want to be cleaning bugs out of the unit.

Never thought of that honestly, the need to clean.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling , I have to clean out mine every couple months in the summer, only once in winter season

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DynaTrap TSV 6/12

[ Edited ]

They don't work in a barn. A waste of money