Respected Contributor

Is this kit all encompassing for a basic day and night routine or are there other products that need to be added? I'm not sure if the eye and face emulsions are used as moisturizers or under moisturizes.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

Did Dr Denese go paraben free with her products? .. anyone know?  I can look at the ingredient deck if it's listed.  I don't think parabens are the devil, like some- however I'd rather not use them unless the product is otherwise truly effective. Without some kind of preservative the shelf life of any product is compromised.

Her HydroShield serum is full of silicones, but that doesn't really bother me either. I'd rather use the serum as a last step vs. 1st step for my morning routine since silicone helps smooth the skin surface, lock in the moisturizers and contribute to the longevity of foundation.  I'd be using as a silicone primer for day wear.

Respected Contributor

@Starpolisher  I have the same sort of question as you and can't seem to find an answer.  I have been getting Dr. Denese A/D of neck cream, Firming Facial Age Corrector Cream and the Hydroshield Ultra Moisterizing Face serum since 2009.  I am happy with this combination.  However, the TSV is tempting. 

What I don't understand is if I am supposed to put on the corrector cream before or after the Hydroshield face emulsion OR is one a new replacement for the corrector cream so I should cancel my previous A/D.  I can't find any information and like you, could use some advice. 

If anyone can answer starpolisher's question and mine, I know that we would both be grateful.

Respected Contributor

@Meezerpleezer wrote:

@Starpolisher  I have the same sort of question as you and can't seem to find an answer.  I have been getting Dr. Denese A/D of neck cream, Firming Facial Age Corrector Cream and the Hydroshield Ultra Moisterizing Face serum since 2009.  I am happy with this combination.  However, the TSV is tempting. 

What I don't understand is if I am supposed to put on the corrector cream before or after the Hydroshield face emulsion OR is one a new replacement for the corrector cream so I should cancel my previous A/D.  I can't find any information and like you, could use some advice. 

If anyone can answer starpolisher's question and mine, I know that we would both be grateful.

I believe the general rule of thumb is you apply products in the order of thickness or viscosity. So it would be Hydroshield serum first, then either the face emulsion or the corrector cream, if you want to keep using that. But I think the emulsion is key to the significant hydration rates Dr. Denese was reporting in the studies, so you need to use it to see the great results she's reporting. Otherwise it would make sense to stick with what you're doing, especially since it seems to be working for you.

Assuming you're on a 90-day AD, you can change your existing AD delivery timeframes so you don't have to skip a shipment while you test out the new kit, if you like. I did that with the Paula's Choice AD that was set to ship in the first half of April, pushed it to a 120-day delivery. Since this Denese kit does not have retinol, I'll probably finish up the PC AD for the retinol moisturizer, and the BHA.

Sometimes I think the Q needs a beauty navigator to help us configure and reconfigure regimens from these ADs and new products.

Respected Contributor

@noodleann  Thanks for replying.  I think that I will order this TSV and give it a try.  My current A/D has retinol in all of the products--maybe that it why it works so well.  You are right, though, the only product in this TSV that has retinol in it is the Hydroshield serum.  It is great stuff--a little goes a long, long way (at least for me).  Thanks again.

Respected Contributor

@Meezerpleezer wrote:

@noodleann  Thanks for replying.  I think that I will order this TSV and give it a try.  My current A/D has retinol in all of the products--maybe that it why it works so well.  You are right, though, the only product in this TSV that has retinol in it is the Hydroshield serum.  It is great stuff--a little goes a long, long way (at least for me).  Thanks again.

I wouldn't cancel your older AD because it has no end date but the new one is only for 2 years. 

Respected Contributor

@Valstybaby  Thanks.  I wasn't going to cancel the 2009 order but I appreciate your comment very much.  I really like the products that are included in the 2009 set.  I do have a SIL who loves these products, too, so I will most likely give her one of my sets while I check out the new one. 

Respected Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

Is this kit all encompassing for a basic day and night routine or are there other products that need to be added? I'm not sure if the eye and face emulsions are used as moisturizers or under moisturizes.

I still don't have an answer to my question. Is this a complete basic day and night  regime or do I have to buy additional products? I know the order of use. What I'm asking is if the emulsion is a moisturizer(last step) or a treatment and requires buying a moisturizer to use over it? Does anyone know?

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

I still don't have an answer to my question. Is this a complete basic day and night  regime or do I have to buy additional products? I know the order of use. What I'm asking is if the emulsion is a moisturizer(last step) or a treatment and requires buying a moisturizer to use over it? Does anyone know?

@Starpolisher wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

What I understand is that you put a moisturizer over the emulsion.

Contributor

I ordered this TSV and love all her products. I am going to be 65 years old soon and people think I am in my 40's. My mom is 98 so I am so lucky to have her good looks and great skin. Thanks Dr. Denese!