Honored Contributor

The leather looks so stiff.  The crossbody bag is way over priced for such an itty bitty bag.  Years ago, Dooney had some styles that were current and not so preppy looking but I have not seen too many lately.  This is a definite NO from me.  Just too boring.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

Not interirestd at all.   Looks so stiff and heavy.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

The leather looks so stiff.  The crossbody bag is way over priced for such an itty bitty bag.  Years ago, Dooney had some styles that were current and not so preppy looking but I have not seen too many lately.  This is a definite NO from me.  Just too boring.

I have to agree.  While it's a beautiful bag, I'm not interested in stiff, heavy bags with no outside pockets.  Bottom line...Dooneys are pretty to look at but not for me.  I much prefer a soft leather bag!

Regular Contributor
It's a beautiful bag, looks sturdy and it's hard to beat the quality of Florentine leather. My only concern is the weight, 2lbs 6oz empty. I have a Brenna that I purchased several years ago & although I love it, I rarely carry it and it's only bc of how much it weighs. But I like bags with structure, not ones that puddle, so I'm guessing that the weight is needed to make them stand. Well, I've got time to think about it....
Respected Contributor

I like the look of the crossbody although they don't work well for me. I don't carry a lot of stuff, but I got a Janine crossbody last year and it's so small that my reading glasses and sunglasses won't even fit in it. It's my fault because I should've paid more attention to the presentation and size. To me, the bags that have satchel handles and shoulder straps look strange. I prefer shoulder straps and wouldn't use the handles but then they just hang there. It's a personal preference only. I also have a Paige that the leather is so hard that it's difficult for me to get into the bag. D&Bs are my favorite bags but I've not found the perfect one for me yet. 

Super Contributor

I have been oogling this since it appeared here but I can't make a call from the pix.  Naturally I am leaning towards the grey satchel  but I have more grey handbags than sense lol so I have my eye on the bourdeaux as well.  Looking forward to the show this afternoon.

Question for you Florentine fans if I may?  I only own one Florentine xbody so I am no expert but this model seems kindy of shiny.  Am I seeing things or is that usual of larger Florentine bags "in person"?

Honored Contributor

@annespan-

This morning I heard them answer questions people had about this florentine.

Sue said it was covered with a satin finish and also that unlike the regular florentine, this would not soften in time because of this finish. The satin is probably what makes it look shiny.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I do like a pretty handbag, though I don't own a Dooney.  No particular reason (I had my eye on a great shiny white patent bag a few summers ago) until they changed the logo to that shiny plate, on every bag, it seems.

There are many others out there of good quality without that.  I like those better.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

We all have a personal preference when it comes to bags and this TSV is not mine.  I don't care for hard structured bags and I learned my lesson the hard way.  My Dooneys don't get used at all anymore because they are heavy and stiff and most don't have the essential (to me) an outside pocket.  I also don't care for the top sitching especially on the darker colors, but as I said before it's all personal taste. 

I did purchase a Kate Spade soft bag for the winter and love how it conforms more to the body and it very comfortable to carry.  For those that enjoy a structured bag and purchased the TSV I hope you love it and enjoy carrying it.  

Honored Contributor

I think it's nice looking and the bordeaux is a beautiful color.  But I'm not buying.