Occasional Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke chat Saturday, Nov. 14th

@MaryellenB wrote:

What is the difference between a satchel and a shopper?

A shopper has over the shoulder straps, whereas a satchel has handles and the option of a longer strap to make it more like a handbag than a tote

Occasional Contributor

@jayne b wrote:

Love the style of the Brenna. Is the bag made of the same leather as the past tsv hobo with kiss lock case.? Is the leather drum dyed or is the color more like a coating.  Thanks for the info!

Yes this is that same pebble leather as the logo lock. The leather is drum dyed!

Occasional Contributor

@Ilovetea wrote:

After debating the pros and cons of a bag this deep, I ended up ordering it in my favorite color - Hunter Green. i prefer smaller bags as purses but carry another bag or backpack for books, electronics and a variety of other things. This bag appears to be big enough to accommodate and organize what I would normally carry around during a normal workday, so looking forward to consolidation. My aversion to deep bags is mainly due to problems with a zipper and access to smaller items. That is not so much an issue with this one as the two outer sections are not as deep and the magnets here seem to be nice and secure. It would be nice if there were a more specific space for a phone in the two outer sections but I am not really expecting any problems. I am hoping it is not too big but it looked like it is a nice size without being too huge during the airings I have watched. While I love Hunter Green, the Midnight Blue still made it a tough color selection. 

So glad that you decided to try it out! I think you will be happy with it! Use the clutch as your phone case...or one of the smaller pockets on the inside. Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

I love Dooney bags and have many of them. Unfortunately, however, there's one deal breaker and it's part of the TSV, the open top that closes with a snap. I don't care how many zipper compartments there are. I need a bag that is totally closed on the outside, on the top, i.e., zipped. I am brutal with my bags. As I'm about to get into my car, the first thing I do is toss in my bag, discus-style. It may land on the seat, on the floor, or in the back. Obviously, I need a strong bag and one that stays closed. So, the TSV is a no-go for me.

Respected Contributor

You Who!  Still here??  When will this bag be presented please?

image.jpeg

Occasional Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

You Who!  Still here??  When will this bag be presented please?

image.jpeg

Not that one inparticular; but tune in from 6-8...there is something similar you are going to love!

Valued Contributor

I have never owned a Dooney. I broke down and got the TSV in Elephant. I got it just in time because minutes later it was sold out. I have Coaches and always thought Dooney's were too heavy. But for some reason this one called out my name and I gave in. We'll see if I like it.

Valued Contributor

Although I would prefer a completely closed top of the bag, I would have bought this TSV if it had black trim.  All the TSV's are brown trim but I would love to see one with black trim choices as well.....how about it Dooney & Bourke!?