Contributor
I love Dooney, & have purchased many as TSV’s. But I can honestly say that I’m not at all impressed with today’s TSV. For the first time, this Dooney bag actually looks like a “TSV”. In other words, it looks cheap; Or like they put it together very fast, in order to make a deadline. Yes, of course, it is made of real leather, etc. But they could have given us a little more hardware on the bag, and finished it off more professionally. To me, this looks more like a cheap bag, trying-to-look-designer that I could have purchased at my local TJ Max. Strange thing is, even with the overall unimpressiveness of this Dooney, and even though it is a TSV, it is not at all cheap, in terms of price. With a price of $230, it should have more of the more stand-out designer-look, that Dooney is known for.
Esteemed Contributor

@Tweety913wrote:
I love Dooney, & have purchased many as TSV’s. But I can honestly say that I’m not at all impressed with today’s TSV. For the first time, this Dooney bag actually looks like a “TSV”. In other words, it looks cheap; Or like they put it together very fast, in order to make a deadline. Yes, of course, it is made of real leather, etc. But they could have given us a little more hardware on the bag, and finished it off more professionally. To me, this looks more like a cheap bag, trying-to-look-designer that I could have purchased at my local TJ Max. Strange thing is, even with the overall unimpressiveness of this Dooney, and even though it is a TSV, it is not at all cheap, in terms of price. With a price of $230, it should have more of the more stand-out designer-look, that Dooney is known for.

Funny how we all have different tastes, @Tweety913.  The simplicity of this bag is what attracted me.  Yes, it is expensive, particularly with $10 shipping, imo.  But, because it appeals to me so much, I caved.  I'm on WL for the lapis blue.  I like simple.  Different strokes, for different folks - that's what keeps the economy going!  Hope next time, they'll bring in a TSV more to your liking.

Respected Contributor
I like the looks of the bag but NOT this kind of leather....looks very cheap.
Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV - 3/24/18

[ Edited ]

Why are there removable straps when there aren't any short handles on this bag? I don't get it. 

Respected Contributor

@Tweety913

Saffiano isn't my thing, period. But $229 IS cheap for a bag. I think qvc is cheapening the Dooney brand. The made in Italy Dooney bags are beautiful. I recently bought another for around $600. The Florentine and Emerson lines are good. Saffiano is a cheap leather, and I was disappointed with the tsv because of that. I like the simple bag design but wish they had offered it in a yummy leather. 

Respected Contributor

I think the tsv is a really nice bag, and a good deal.  But I cancelled my order when I compared its weight to the bags I now carry.  It just will be too heavy for me.  SIgh.  (I think my smart self knew that but midnight madness overtook me). And I ordered a North South Patent Leather Janine crossbody in Mink from Dooney direct with free shipping for church, dinner, events etc. when I don't need to carry much.   QVC did not have that color.  Dooney also has a purple and a teal that are to die for!  

IMG_5471.JPG

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney TSV - 3/24/18

[ Edited ]

I already own a lavender Dooney in the saffiano leather with matching wallet, and have enjoyed it very much. I hope to continue doing so.

I like the different leathers that are offered. Pebble leather has never appealed to me.

I ordered this TSV in the Lemon, with matching zip around wallet. I don't have a yellow bag, and this particular yellow along with the saffiano leather, and the outside zip pocket sold me. I also like the new lock, and the lighter gold hardware.

Everyone has different likes, and this is a huge one for me.

Trusted Contributor

@Tweety913wrote:

I agree with you.  It is cheaply made for a Dooney.  I don't want to look like I'm carrying a bucket.  It's just a style that won't work for me.  The opening just invites someone to reach in for your wallet.  Saffiono leather feels like plastic to me.  For those who it does, enjoy!

Honored Contributor

I didn't buy this TSV mainly because of the Safffiano leather.  I liked the shape and hardware but I'll wait and see what's offered next time.  I own one Saffiano bag that was offered this time last year in taupe and love the shape but not the leather.... I'd love to see their upper bags (offered on the Q) that are lined in leather offered as a TSV.  I own one and it's a gorgeous bag!        

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

This TSV wasn't for me but I think it was one of the nicer TSVs they've had in a while.