Honored Contributor

Re: Don't like the Dooney TSV

Dooney, at least what QVC offers, is bottom of the barrel stuff. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For all those thinking the Q has a cheaper bag from Dooney, THIS EXACT BAG is currently being offered on the Dooney site. Exactly.

The Q adds the little pouch & fob.

"Cheap" is actually a subjective word, but people sometimes treat it as if it is an OBJECTIVE description. As an opinion, it all depends on one's experience. If you think a bag "looks cheap," I always wonder what high-end bags have you owned? Occasionally people will call out well-made costly bags as "cheap" as if to put down the taste of someone who enjoys them.

I have Gucci and Louis Vuitton, but am also a Dooney lover. This bag is fun, well-made, practical, and Dooney nylon is excellent (I have one nylon Dooney, the Hobo Logo in olive). Love the outside zipper pocket for cell phones. Love the little duck logo. Changeable straps! (I'd wear it with a Louis Vuitton strap for fun.)

I hope everyone who was drawn to the bag and orders it enjoys wearing it. You did not choose poorly.

Honored Contributor

I ordered the olive and I think the red touch looks great with that color...however it's not so great with some of the others.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor   Well said!

I don't think it looks "cheap" and liked it well enough to order one.  I think Dooneys in general are very well made bags but I'll probably never own an all leather Dooney again. I had about 6 of them that I never used and recently got rid of them.  For me they are too stiff & heavy.  I like a soft & lightweight bag.

Valued Contributor

I carry expensive  purses.  Primarily Vera Bradley leather, hard to find but the softest leather I've ever felt.  Prices are in the $240-260 range.  I hard a gorgeous Coach satchel, $750 and it felt like I was carrying  a bowling ball.  Worst purchase ever.  As for the D&B nylon hobo, I thought it was really nice looking but I would have wanted the additional longer strap and that would have priced a nylon bag well into the $230+ range.  Waaay too much for nylon IMO.

Honored Contributor

I had no issue with the red zipper fabric.  I just don't care for hobo bags, and I am not inclined to use a fabric bag outside of summer.  I do have one Dooney nylon I save for rainy days though.  Sue's right; it is a perfect bag for the rain.  Mine is a satchel.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

For all those thinking the Q has a cheaper bag from Dooney, THIS EXACT BAG is currently being offered on the Dooney site. Exactly.

The Q adds the little pouch & fob.

"Cheap" is actually a subjective word, but people sometimes treat it as if it is an OBJECTIVE description. As an opinion, it all depends on one's experience. If you think a bag "looks cheap," I always wonder what high-end bags have you owned? Occasionally people will call out well-made costly bags as "cheap" as if to put down the taste of someone who enjoys them.

I have Gucci and Louis Vuitton, but am also a Dooney lover. This bag is fun, well-made, practical, and Dooney nylon is excellent (I have one nylon Dooney, the Hobo Logo in olive). Love the outside zipper pocket for cell phones. Love the little duck logo. Changeable straps! (I'd wear it with a Louis Vuitton strap for fun.)

I hope everyone who was drawn to the bag and orders it enjoys wearing it. You did not choose poorly.

I don't think the TSV looks cheap; it's just not my thing.

Honored Contributor

I often express my opinion on items  but it doesn’t mean I’m trying to criticize someone who likes it. I know I don’t take it personally unless someone says “if you like this, you have no taste kind of thing. 

Super Contributor

The older I am the less heavy leather bags I want on my shoulder.   I thought it looked nice.   I have a lot of Dooney & Bourke leather bags that are too heavy even when empty.