Respected Contributor

Does the Mine Tan look blotchy on the models or is it my TV?

[ Edited ]

On a lot of the close ups there seems to be blotches on their skin. Very uneven looking on their skin.

Is it my TV or is anyone else seeing this?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Does the Mine Tan look blotchy on the models or is it my TV?

I may going to watch more videos...I did not notice this but I'm going to check because I'm interested in trying.  Love the idea of a 2-hour tan... love tan towels for sure but like to have more than one option to mix it up!

Contributor

I know that every TV/monitor can vary. That being said, it looks really beautiful on my TV!

Beautiful enough that I'll be giving it a try after I post this! I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't have that "smell" that the self tanners all seem to have had!

Respected Contributor

It looked blotchy on the man who was presenting this morning.  Especially on the side of his face and behind his ears.

It might be worth a try, but I have some of another brand already and it works fine for my legs (which is what needs some tanning).  Face and arms get plenty of sun working out in the yard. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was impressed and ordered it, so I guess I’ll find out soon enough. Lol!

I know they always comment on how cold the studio is, I have a feeling thats the blotchiness you were seeing - they’re freezing skin bc of being so under dressed. Thats what I noticed. 

Honored Contributor

I didn’t notice blotchiness, but I did think it looked darker on knees and ankles. I gave up on self tanners years ago. I am ver fair, and I never got a natural streak free look, and I tried lots of products.

Sometimes I use Sally Hansen leg makeup mixed with body lotion for a very subtle glow and color, but more often than not I just go natural. My legs are in good shape for a woman over 50. I really dislike the shaming that goes on of fair skinned women in the summer. I get tired of the pasty white comments, and the statement that we all look healthier with a tan. If anyone is that offended by my fair skin they can look away. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I didn’t notice blotchiness, but I did think it looked darker on knees and ankles. I gave up on self tanners years ago. I am ver fair, and I never got a natural streak free look, and I tried lots of products.

Sometimes I use Sally Hansen leg makeup mixed with body lotion for a very subtle glow and color, but more often than not I just go natural. My legs are in good shape for a woman over 50. I really dislike the shaming that goes on of fair skinned women in the summer. I get tired of the pasty white comments, and the statement that we all look healthier with a tan. If anyone is that offended by my fair skin they can look away. 

I'm very fair too, and wouldn't begin to waste my time on a tanning product for any reason. I do think I look better with some color to my skin in the summer when I'm out working in the garden and mowing and get a lot of sun. 

But not enough to buy the products to make me look that way (and it never really looks that way, it looks fake on anyone I've seen use them) in January.