Regular Contributor

Does anyone have experience with the TSV mattress today?

I am very interested and like that I can make payments. Do you know (and I can call) if there is a fee to return? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone have experience with the TSV mattress today?

[ Edited ]

My sister, who has serious back issues and is very picky, has this mattress and loves it.  She had a new conventional mattress which is now in the guest room.

When I encouraged her to call and ask about the return arrangements, she was told her money would be refunded but it was up to her to dispose of it?????  I kid you not.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I just called and got the same answer. I want that documented but the rep says that is costs too much to pick up. 

So thank you for answering. I don't see a risk with buying it at all.

Regular Contributor

The other thing I don't understand is if you have an issue with the mattress or any product why don't you use the warranty? 10 years on this. I was reading reviews and all sorts of people were saying they can't return it or there are dents. I would think you should call the company. I also heard this is made by Symbol and not NN. 

Esteemed Contributor

I noticed when Linda Davies (sp) got asked about return if you don't like the mattress...........she chose her words carefully.  Like.... call us and we'll _____ work it out  - or - we'll handle it..

I gathered from her selection of words that you could just get rid of it; but she can't announce that on TV or every sale would then have an unsatisfactory complaint.......to get to keep the mattress but no long pay.

(like their food - refund - throw the product away)

Serta or Sealy is making this product - just putting Northern N's tag on so they can sell at lower price - than stores.

Esteemed Contributor

@SleepyTime I've bought 2 mattresses from QVC - excellent products after 5 years.  Eazy Pay makes it EASY - so if you need a new one - you'll be just fine.  No return charge and they'll take care of you if unhappy.

Valued Contributor

Bear in mind that if you have to make your own arrangements to get rid of it, like call a company to come pick it up to dispose of it properly, it could easily cost you north of $200.

Respected Contributor

Only 12,000 sold for the day and all sizes left. I think people realize they have to get rid of the old mattress and have to hope they have a base that works. This seems to be an underwhelming TSV. 

Regular Contributor

My town trash pick up takes mattresses if you call for a date to leave out.  The only drawback is that it must be encased in a sealed mattress bag (to prevent the possible spread of bed bugs) which they claim is available at stores like Home Depot.  I'd have a tough time putting a bag on my old king mattress & getting it out to the curb.  I'll pay more & buy my next mattress at a store that will haul away the old one & new one if unhappy.

Respected Contributor

I ordered a Queen size...

I have a mattress from 2001....a double topper that I bought from QVC....It has served me well, but time to replace...

I live alone and am not overweight, so I'm giving this NEW type mattress a try. I hope it's not too soft.

My OLD mattress will go on the burn pile of brush. It will be gone in minutes ( brush picked up here on rural property from Halloween storm...limbs,branches, etc. I have a HUGE pile ready to go)...

It will become a small pile of metal springs that I will then bag up and put out for the trash the next week!

I've done this many times with upholstered furnitue I've had to get rid of over the years. I cut up a sofa once, into two pieces and burned it up!

Of course, I live in the country where burning is allowed if it's not too dry ( East Coast). And I NEVER would burn tires or plastics.This is just the cotton bedding and papery covers of the metal springs of my mattress....as natural as the wood branches....

My box spring is still OK shape. It's in two pieces and I rotate every 6 months, as  I did my current old mattress.

I love a big hot fire...you can make so much stuff just disappear!!!!