Does anyone else miss just 1 good TSV *per day* instead of...

...so many sitting around for so many days?  In another post, someone said how good it was back when, to look forward to midnite to see the next TSV without knowing ahead of time and without it being a NOT-so-Special Value. 

I don't think the QVC decision-makers realize that after a day or two of the SAME row of many TSV's...some of us just quit coming back to see the same ol' same ol'. Yes, it's nice to not have missed one you really wanted, but good grief !  Where's the "excitement" of the next day's surprise?  SO QVC, instead of visiting EVERY day to check out that day's TSV, I'm hardly returning at all even in this season.  I'm thinking it's a loss for both of us !  Anyone else feel the same?

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone else miss just 1 good TSV *per day* instead of...

I was so, so happy to see that one of my favorite products was still at TSV price, not only before the actual day but after. That's because I decided to purchase more of the item as an after thought. I went in intending to pay the higher price, and surprise! It was still a great TSV deal with free shipping and all.

Had it just been available at the great price and free shipping on the actual day, I would have been flat out of luck.

Esteemed Contributor

Sooooo that means the TSV, is not so special anymore...............

Honored Contributor

For the most part, the TSV prices are not typically all that great, so I'm sure they don't get the sell-outs like they used to when the pricing was "special".  They need to get rid of the stuff that didn't sell on TSV day.  Things have certainly changed at the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is TSV over kill....so boring and redundant!!  I remember the days when the hosts were not 'allowed' to tell about an upcoming TSV!!  But it is not just repeats of theTSV...it is repeats of so many of the products.

I don't mind that the TSV is still being sold on the website after the TSV date - maybe not selling out??  I do mind the constant repeat presentations over and over.    

As it is, I hardly watch QVC and then to check in and see the same products over and over -- so very monotonous!!  Remote...here I come....

Honored Contributor

I can't see any negative to a sale lasting several days instead of just one day. I'm sure some get bored and walk away, but shoppers like me stay around or come back a few times, watching several presentations before making a  decision.

I suspect it's like anything else.  Some like one thing some another.  I can't even get everything my way in my own home sometimes.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone remember when TSV's sold out within minutes of airing? Seems to me certain items are no longer popular and because of this not selling well. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity I'm not sure it is because some items are no longer popular; could be.

It must be hard for anyone to figure out how much of any product you need to manufacture and make sure sells out. The person(s) at QVC making the decision must be very savvy with what their buyers want to ensure they don't get stuck with a lot of product after the TSV.

The thing that makes it even harder is that I have heard some vendors say on QVC that they had been "working on this TSV since last year," which indicates to me that they have to not only pick out which item will be a TSV, but way ahead of time determine how many they think they will sell. 

Based upon the things I think will be a good seller, QVC would probably go out of business if I was the one determining what will sell or not! LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

I think the TSV price should remain the TSV price until they don't carry the item anymore.  Think of all the money they will save in returns and processing.  People will have a chance to think about it and to read the reviews before buying.

The other issue is "a really good TSV."  Haven't seen one of those in a very long time.

Honored Contributor

If you are watching, I can imagine it's tedious.

But I like it because I don't like to be pressured by the clock to buy something.

I purchased the WEN TSV the day before.    I couldn't watch on the actual day but I knew what I wanted and I knew it was a good deal