Trusted Contributor

Do the Barefoot Dreams cardigans shed?

I love the look of the TSV, but do not want a cardigan is going to shed all over the place and leave fuzzies all over my clothes. For those of you that are familiar with this brand and fabrication, can you please tell me if they shed. Thanks!
Respected Contributor

Re: Do the Barefoot Dreams cardigans shed?

I have a handful of BFD items and the only one that shed a little was one of my blankets right after I got it but it was a full thick blanket plush.

Deb

Honored Contributor

I've only worn mine a couple of times indoors, but it's gotten too warm for now.  I don't recall any shedding.  I have it in the cocoa sand and just ordered the black.  I expect to get a lot of wear out of this.  I thought the black looked classy (less sporty), so I plan on wearing that out to dinner, etc.

Honored Contributor

I have several Barefoot Dreams items and have washed many numerous times.  None have shed a bit.  They are very good quality and retain their softness with time.  I love them and would recommend them.  

I got this particular cardi a few weeks ago and it does not shed at all, although I haven't washed it as yet.

Respected Contributor

I bought a past Barefoot Dreams TSV and it does not shed. 

Trusted Contributor

I have several cardis, a few throws and an asymmetricical poncho which is a loftier knit than the cardis. None have ever shed. Very soft. This cardigan TSV is just like two of my others so I decided to pass on it. I just ordered the GILI cardi last week (and omg many other things including two royal palace rugs, one large one accent).

Honored Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRLDo you love wearing the cardi out and about...is it fashionable or more a comfy lounge wear piece?I don't know from the presentations if this tsv is more for around the house wear.The vendor talked about sleeping in it too.

Honored Contributor

I plan on wearing my sand color more casually...even around the house, if necessary.  I'm planning on wearing the black for church, dinner and outer similar outings.  But who knows?  I might change up!  I think the sweater can easily go both ways.

Honored Contributor

Not that I've seen.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@SFGIANTSGIRLDo you love wearing the cardi out and about...is it fashionable or more a comfy lounge wear piece?I don't know from the presentations if this tsv is more for around the house wear.The vendor talked about sleeping in it too.

I love wearing it out.  I wear a light tee and the cardi and leggings and boots. Perfect for the mall or my office.  My company is business casual but more on the casual side.  The office runs cold in the winter and I love that the material breaths.  This new one is really cute, so much so that I ended up ordering the mauvy colored one after getting my black/gray this week.

Deb