Honored Contributor

Re: Do the Barefoot Dreams cardigans shed?

i own a number of barefoot dreams items and have never had any shed. one of the nice qualities of this line.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I have the circle cardie and I love it, I bought it because the ladies on the forum say they don't shed. I have one from HSN that is a knock off and it does shed.

Respected Contributor

I've never experienced shedding or pilling from this line.  It's excellent quality 

Honored Contributor

I bought 2 TSV's on Saturday.  It says a great deal about this line as I don't usually buy open-front cardis.  I love the softness and the coziness.  

Mine have not shed.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Occasional Contributor

Yes, they do shed. I own 2 ruanas, 3 calypso wraps, the last tsv and the hoodie. I wore a white cotton shirt under my black calypso sweater and it shed like mad. I have also seen little fuzz balls that I can pick off. Theyses are not pilling, just fuzzies. Maybe after I wash them a few times it will be better.  I am amazed no one has had shedding! I definitely have on all of my pieces.

Occasional Contributor

I love Barefoot Dreams, even though I think they are overpriced generally.  But they are light weight yet warm, chic yet comfy.  Tried Cuddleduds and hated it.

I have several cardis from BD and used to think the people who wrote about shedding were doing something wrong.

But then I ordered the longest cardi--Maxi or midi, don't remember what they called it.  It shed all over.  It doesn't matter how I wash it, it continues to shed a bit.  I have the indigo.  When I say it shed, I mean it shed ALL OVER everything, embarrassingly so, believe me.  I left blue bits and pieces all over someone's tan fabric car seat and it was really difficult to remove it.  I shed all over my own top and pants.

Nevertheless, taking a chance on 3 TSVs, hoping they don't shed like all but one of the cardis I already have.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

UltraLite slouchy pullover purchased here (carbon) sheds like a Siberian husky in the Sahara desert.  The BD items purchased at Dillard's have not, but are lighter color.  Not sure if related to dying process or difference in quality.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I now have six Barefoot Dreams cardigans, wraps, jackets, and none of them have shed.  I've been buying BD for the past year, so I don't know if the ones manufactured before then shed.