Respected Contributor

Do I need an air fryer if I have a Breville convection/toaster

[ Edited ]

oven? They keep saying it's like a convection oven so I'm thinking I don't need the air fryer.

Valued Contributor

Re: Do I need an air fryer if I have a Breville convection/toaster

never thought i would need a ary fryer but i love how it cooks my chicken and fish and my french fries and bacon. i bought mine back in march as the last time it was a todays special.

Respected Contributor

I also was going to buy another air fryer from Emeril today( I gave mine to my grandson and wife) but this one isn't much bigger than the one I had of his. I would buy the 5.3 air fryer the next time. I also have a Breville oven and I think I will just use this instead for now. I made the best skin and bone in chicken breast yesterday in the Breville. I didn't have to watch them or shake the food as the air fryer. There are advantages having both if you have the money to do so and have the room. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I decided to just use my Breville Oven for now while I decide if I would want the bigger air fryer or the TSV today. I will look at some at Bed Bath and Beyond and judge the size. I deleted my original post. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

The Breville Smart Oven Pro I have can do what this can do but would heat up the kitchen more than Emeril's new air fryer. I have now decided to buy this new one in blue ( I wasn't planning on it) since I gave my away this past week. My husband and I decided to replace it as my other air fryer (that was Emeril's first one) was excellent. I knew this TSV was coming up when we gave ours to my grandson. He is heading to the Air Force base in Idaho sooner than this new one would arrive. For once I get the new one instead of sending to one of my kids or grandkids. I have enough counter room to leave out and that helps use it more also. I would never would get rid of my Breville Oven as I never use my large oven unless company is coming and need more room. Hope this helps.

Don't think I'll get it since myBreville really doesn't heat up my kitchen that much. Also, I don't fry anything and just bought an Instant Pot pressure cooker and have 2 Ninja 4 in 1's so no room on my counter. 

Thank you.

Super Contributor

I have both and love them both.  If the Breville is busy, I can also use the air fryer.  Of course, my large oven doesn't work, so I do everything in the air fryer and/or Breville.  I just got the Breville with the slow cooker function last week.  It replaced my Wolfgang Puck Pressure Oven that bit the dust after four years. I have the mid-size Cook's Essential air fryer I love the way it does fish and roasted potatoes.

Respected Contributor

My sister has the 5.3 Power XL air fryer and loves it. If I decided to replace mine, I will probably get this if they come out with it in blue. My sister says she does turkey breast and chicken in it all the time. It also is 1700 watts and has a more oval shape with lots more room in it.

New Contributor

I have the large cooks essentials and I find most everything sticks to the non-stick finish. It is very frustrating, as I notified the company when the first basket started to peel and they were kind enough to send me a replacement basket. QVC also offered to have me return it at no shipping cost so I can't complain about customer service.

Am I the only one experiencing this problem? I kept it because I had high hopes that maybe the first basket was defective and I would have a different experience with the replacement. I don't use it often because of the cleanup.

The 2nd basket did not peel but it is not non-stick.