Regular Contributor

Re: Disappointed Dooney TSV doesn't have free shipping.

Well, actually there is a "free lunch." I can buy any handbag at Macy's or Nordstrom and get free shipping. And if I want to return it that's free too. Since the tsv is unique to Qvc there's no way to comparison shop. If you feel it's a great value based on other comparable bags the shipping might be worth it.

Respected Contributor

If you don't like the bag when you get it home, it cost $6.95 to return and they will not refund the $11.72 orginal shipping cost.  So if my math is correct, it costs you $18.62 to order and return something you don't like and won't keep.  Been there.  Done that.

Honored Contributor

ITA!! I can't believe that they didn't have free shipping.  So many places offer free shipping.  Oh yeah... they are going to send you a $20 gift card if you order the TSV .

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a Dooney bag a couple of weeks ago and cancelled it within an hour because of the almost $12.00 shipping. I went on the Dooney site and saw the same bag, same price but with free shipping. I didn't order that particular bag but got another one I liked better. I don't want a $20.00 gift card because I rarely order. That was the first item I've ordered from QVC in 3 years. It will probably be another 3 until I order again.

Valued Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

Every single other site I've ordered Dooney handbags from, they have free shipping.  The $11.72 shipping charge is outrageous!  I'm thinking QVC is taking advantage of their customers with the excessive shipping charges on this bag.  The TSV price isn't special enough to make up for being stuck with shipping charges that excessive!  I'm sure I can find another bag on a site that that treats customers better.

Agreed. It's supposed to be a "value of the day". At the very least, the item should have reduced shipping, if not "free" to be a value, imho. If every other bag is $12 shipping on the site, I expect not to pay $12 shipping in order for it to be a value to me. I don't care about accessories and I would never pay for a key fob from D&B anyway, so that's just an add in advertising for them, far as I'm concerned.

Valued Contributor

@Quackeroo wrote:

@Lila4Now

I don't think you understand what I am saying.

If an item costs $100 but ships for "free," consumers feel good.

But built into that cost of $100 is the shipping fee. So, for example, the item might actually cost $93 plus $7 to ship. The company could charge it out that way OR offer the item at $100 with "free shipping."

Either way, the consumer pays.  First rule of Economics...there is NO such thing as a Free Lunch. 

I did look at the Dooney site, and it does look like if you are willing to wait for sales and don't have to have a special color or style, you can get very good pricing there.

~Quack

@Quackeroo What you are saying is true, but oftentimes I find the same, if not similar enough bag on the Dooney site for the same price and no shipping charge. Some bags are exclusive to QVC, most are on on the Dooney sites later. I buy more on the Dooney sites because I don't want to pay the shipping and the NY tax on the shipping charge. The math has to work..I calculate the least expensive way to get the bag I want. Sometimes the Q wins, even with the shipping. 

Honored Contributor

Yes... they should have just added another $25 dollars to the price and then offered free shipping... no one who would purchase such a bag would even blink twice at $25 all they would see would be the FREE SHIPPING.   

Esteemed Contributor

This is a beautiful bag!  However, I think the Q missed the boat on this. Imo they should have offered a much smaller, crossbody bag.  I think more people would be interested in something just large enough to carry cr cards, phone, a little cash, etc.  I have a couple "wallet on a string"  by Lodis, purchased from the Q and love them and certainly have gotten my monies worth with them.  I certainly would have been interested in seeing something similar by Dooney as a TSV!  On the bright side - saving money!

Honored Contributor

I'm on the other side of this argument.  When I'm buying a new leather bag, I want two things QVC is offering that I'm unlikely to get elsewhere for the same total cost.  I want the matching interior purse which would cost more than the QVC shipping elsewhere if I could even find it, and I want a color I'm not finding elsewhere either. 

Free does not interest me at all unless it gives me what I really want -  for me, a new bag isn't a need, so I'm not settling for a different bag elsewhere and end up spending more to buy the accessory I want, too.  (I don't add anything in my mental arithmetic for the key fob/chain, only for the little purse because I would be buying that.)

Trusted Contributor

Nice bag but the opening is way too small.

So this is an easy pass for me.