Respected Contributor

Re: Diane Gilman jeans TS

[ Edited ]

@Thats Me wrote:

Wow I just saw the petite inseam for the ultra skinny is only 25.5".......SHORT! Even for me and I'm 5'2.5"

@Thats Me I swear sizing is so confusing, as are reviews. I went onto HSN.com yesterday to read the reviews, (I haven't gotten mine yet.) Someone there said her petite was 28.8 inches! Maybe that was the boot cut...I sure hope so because I am 5'1.5" and like my pants longer rather than petite, so given the skinny measurements given, I ordered regular. 28/29" length is ok on me, and I thought that's what they said regular was. I either scrunch them at the ankle, as I like that look, or tuck them under when I want them straight down...looks fine with skinnies. Also confusing were all the sizing reviews...looking at them I think mine will be too small. I ordered down as the waist measurements seemed oversized to me that day, and given what they were saying about that in the presentations, all the stretch in these, and the extra "bag" in the legs I saw on the models, I thought I best go down. Given the reviews I may have gotten it wrong. 

I just got burned on some other online Grace & Lace leggings that were final sale and can't be returned...ordered my usual size but waist is way to tight! Ugh. I need to swear off online pants buying for good. Well we'll see...I'll post back when I receive them, but at this point not too hopeful....

Respected Contributor

@amyb, I have a feeling I'll be in the same boat as you are with regard to the sizing.

I checked online today (12/3) and mine still appear as in "packaging".  With how deliveries are these days, I was hoping I'd get them before Spring.

Respected Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@amyb, I have a feeling I'll be in the same boat as you are with regard to the sizing.

I checked online today (12/3) and mine still appear as in "packaging".  With how deliveries are these days, I was hoping I'd get them before Spring.

@HisElk1 Mine are also still "in packaging." I haven't bought a lot from Q or HSN lately, but for the most part when I did, other than an Auto-delivery being delayed, everything else has come within a week, which these days is a miracle with them. Other companies I've ordered from: FreeFly, Kohl's, Grace & Lace, Amazon, all come right away, no longer than a week and usually less.

But yes...not sure about that darn sizing. After this...I'm swearing off pants online again! Only ones I can get online are Chico's denim, because I am always the same size and had tried on in their stores first. On QVC and HSN and even Grace & Lace, I get burned because none of their brands' sizing are consistent between the different styles, materials etc...varies much too much.

Trusted Contributor

@amyb @I hear you. I ordered several pairs sized down, same as my virtual stretch size, and then canceled. I have jeans that still have tags on them! But also that inseam (which was for the ultra skinnies as I don't wear bootcut) really threw me off. My best inseam is 27"

Reviews are all over the place. I hope that people who ordered are happy. I really liked the gray and the black, but thankfully realized I have (more than) enough.