Honored Contributor

Re: Diamonds are a GIrl's Best Friend...

I don't even see where they have listed any information on-line about the particulars of the diamonds in this ring.  That is nuts not to have that info listed and makes me very suspect. 

Sunday afternoon, I flipped over to HSN's Diamond Couture show and the pieces I saw were all I1-I2 diamonds. 

I have a ring very, very much like this style from JTV but mine is sterling and white zircon.  I wear it with a sterling band as a wedding set.  The zircon sparkle like crazy and I get a lot of compliments on it.  My ring was under $55.00.  LOL   

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  I LOVE white zircon and would much more opt for that than diamonds despite being an April/diamond baby.  I bet your set is gorgeous.

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

...Bur certainly not this ring.  $1200.00 and it's yellow gold which I do not wear.  Not that I'd be buying it for $1200.00 even if there was a white gold choice.  Wonder how much it would be in Sterling.

Holy toledo - who's speinding $1200,00 today on this one?  There's a LOT of affinity on clearance too.  Are they fazing out this line too?  I used to buy a lot of affinity in sterling when they first brought this line out but not anymore.  I am an April baby (24th) and I used to treat myself for christmas and my birthday but their wares don't thrill me anymore, haven't for years.

Who's buying this one today?

There is. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Trusted Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

...Bur certainly not this ring.  $1200.00 and it's yellow gold which I do not wear.  Not that I'd be buying it for $1200.00 even if there was a white gold choice.  Wonder how much it would be in Sterling.

Holy toledo - who's speinding $1200,00 today on this one?  There's a LOT of affinity on clearance too.  Are they fazing out this line too?  I used to buy a lot of affinity in sterling when they first brought this line out but not anymore.  I am an April baby (24th) and I used to treat myself for christmas and my birthday but their wares don't thrill me anymore, haven't for years.

Who's buying this one today?

I wouldn't buy affinity diamonds. They are NOT worth the price.

Valued Contributor

Well, I did buy and will tell you why.  I lost my 7 stone ring years ago and wanted something plain to go with my emerald and diamond (princess Di type ring) ,  I am currently wearing a very pretty Diamonique band ring.  I have just recently been looking  at diamond bands and for eye clean diamonds they range at approximately $1600-2200.  Ritani is a good -online diamond merchant and you can have the jewelry made and sent to a local jewelry store before you purchase.  I am not concerned about buying from the Q.  I will take it to my jeweler who recently made my emerald and diamond ring and get him to appraise it.  If it is not worth it, back it goes.  My guess it that it will be perfect.

Honored Contributor

@LexPex  Sounds like you made a great purchase.  I bet it will look wonderful with your emerald and diamond  (oh my!) ring. [smile]

Esteemed Contributor

I wanted this ring but it just was not in my budget at this time. I have a few Affinity rings and pairs of earrings and they are beautiful! The rings I always have to have sized and no matter which jeweler I take the piece to they always comment on the quality of the piece and the diamonds. They always want to know where I purchased the item. I have yet to be disappointed by Affinity.

I also have a few pieces in 14kt gold and Diamonique and enjoy them just as much. I may buy the band ring in that for now and wait a few more years for the "real thing".