Super Contributor

Does this dermabrasion machine help with sun spots and damage?

Respected Contributor

Re: Dermabrasion ans sun damage

Retin-A would help more than this. The machine may help, but I know Retin-A definitely addresses those issues. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Microdermabrasion will only remove surface skin cells. It will lighten dark spots but will not eliminate them completely. Dark spots come from beneath so you will be constantly exfoliating them away. Retin-A and lasers will treat the underlying cause of sun spots by reducing  the number and activity of melanocytes which are responsible for the dark spots. Dermabrasion can't do this but it can help prepare your skin for better absorption of your skin care products so you may experience a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles.

Respected Contributor

@Bellini13

Please check my posts on the microdermabrasion machine:  save your money and go to a dermatologist office that does the procedure.  You will get good information and customized treatment...Retin A or Tretinoin the generic, as well as the correct level of treatment for your skin.

i gave my machine away...it did nothing for my skin.  The microdermabrasion got me immediate excellent results.  I had to wait several days afterwards before I could start the tretinoin generic of Retin A.  I get a treatment every 3 or 4 months:  at 72 my skin looks better than it did when I was much younger.

Invest your time and money wisely.  Good Luck.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill