Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

It is snowing during the outdoor Dennis Basso TSV presentation. As a California girl, at first I thought it was stage snow but it kept going. Jane said it s 32 degrees out. The coat would be too warm for me but it is appropriate in the snow. Yes, there is snow in Tahoe but not where I live, mid 40s right now.

@chessylady  It was a snowmaker...not real snow. I just checked the weather channel radar map and there is no snow anywhere near West Chester PA...LOL

It looked like machine made snow since it wasn't coming from above but from the right side...no doubt there was a fan to blow it around too.

It probably helped the models standing outside in the cold instead of wearing the TSV coats indoors for 30 minutes. I would have had to tear mine off if I was one of them.

Trusted Contributor

Dennis makes beautiful coats in my opinion. So nice that they last forever. I must have 8 or 10 (maybe more!) of them. I love every one of them, but times change, life changes. The TSV is very pretty.

For a long while, faux fur didn't seem to be popular. I wasn't seeing it in the stores, nor on people walking around. I even wandered away from faux fur. Just recently I have noticed more and more women going back to faux fur. I guess it depends on where you live though. I live in zero degree weather.

But my life has changed too. I lost  a ton of weight, and I do not live the lifestyle I used to. If I go out once a week I am lucky. So now, all my beautiful coats hang in the nice coat bags Dennis provides. They are all too big now. I really should figure out a way to sell them. I can't bring myself to donate them to Goodwill.

Maria the model looked gorgeous in the linen white one.

I think Dennis is one vendor whose prices have been pretty steady. Thinking back over 25 years watching his shows, his price point has remained in the same range. Maybe years and years ago he had coats that may have been $90- $100, but he has really stayed within a certain price range. 

The only thing that has changed with him is he has gone from real leather to faux leather and the price has either remained the same or has gone up. He is known for his fur though not leather, at least in the QVC realm.

Respected Contributor

I just tuned in and saw the coat.  Would have ordered the ivory but its sold out with no waitlist.  Saved myself money as I really didn't need another coat!

Esteemed Contributor

Cute coat, but not practical for the wet, cold winters I have.  Also not my style & would look very odd here.

Regular Contributor

I usually wear a medium, and that's what I ordered. Concerned as the measurements seem larger than ordinary, however I wonder if it is because it is reversable. I got the wine, but still eyeing the navy lol.

Respected Contributor

@Starpass wrote:

I usually wear a medium, and that's what I ordered. Concerned as the measurements seem larger than ordinary, however I wonder if it is because it is reversable. I got the wine, but still eyeing the navy lol.

Starpass:  I also take a M and was reluctant to get that size as the measurements looked too big.  However, when they said Jacque (sp?) was wearing the large and it fit her perfectly, I went with the M.

Honored Contributor

I like a lot of Dennis' stuff, moreso than any of the other clothing on the shopping channels.  I think his coats are the only shopping channel clothing I have.  I have 3 of his coats including a faux fur one, so I'll have to skip this one.  Too close to Christmas and the associated bills.

Frequent Contributor

I ordered this coat in the wine color on December 4 and received it on December 6. I was shocked when I walked into my kitchen yesterday and saw the QVC box on the counter.

Anyway, it is a beautiful coat and I ordered in a L because I wanted to make sure I had room for layering, if necessary. The fit is perfect. 

Reggie

Honored Contributor

@ReggieRagu

Congratulations on your new DB purchase.  I have several winter and summer coats and jackets from DB and love them all.  They wear well and are so fashionable.  One of my coats is a long dark brown faux fur that everyone thinks is real, even when they touch it.  His coats are great and beautifully made.    So, enjoy!  Smiley Happy

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I just read several reviews for the new TSV DB coat and they are mostly very positive with happy customers Smiley Happy