Respected Contributor

I ordered one as a gift...my first Dennis Basso throw. Hope I like it!

Frequent Contributor

Years ago, I bought a Dennis Basso throw that was so high quality, it was hard to tell if it was the real deal or not. A couple of years ago, I bought another one and was shocked about the low quality. TBH, it looked like it was made from a low-end fabric from Walmart. I'd rather pay $150 or so for an exquisite throw like he used to make rather than $50 for one I could get at Walmart.

Esteemed Contributor

@Solar Is My Name wrote:

I hope this throw is heavy and warm -- actually the warmth part is the salient feature for me. In our basement family room it's chilly and I like to sit on the lounge chair, cover with a WARM throw and not have to blast the heat to 77 to ward off the chill!

Does anyone know how this year's throw stacks up to those of about 4 years ago? WARMTH, BABY, WARMTH -- that's what's sought!

THANKS! Smiley Happy

If it is anything like the one I bought ,it is thin and you have to fold it over to keep warm. I say save your money.

Respected Contributor

I received mine yesterday, snow lynx. Purchased as a gift for my BIL. I do not want to take it out of packaging because know I won't get it put back as nice. I did stick my hand in and feel it and am guessing not as thick as ones I purchased several years ago. I hope he likes it. Reason I purchased this one, it is 70" long and one I gave them several years ago was 60". One thing I don't like is that right across the plastic in very big letters it says "Made in China". Just wonder if that is some kind of import requirement to have that placed so bold and predominant. I do like the leopard one too but not buying because I already own three from prior years. I will say I have washed mine numerous times and they always turn out nice. 

Occasional Contributor

I ordered 4 and only 3 shipped.  <sigh>.  I will wait and see what happens this week.  These were to be gifts for 4 members of one family so if the last one does not ship in a timely manner, the others will need to be returned and my gift giving will need to go in a different direction.  I hope I am not disappointed as I own one of these throws myself and thought they would make perfect gifts.  

Occasional Contributor

Update - The 4th and final Dennis Basso throw has shipped so I will now have all 4 in time for Christmas!  YES!

Respected Contributor

I hope your throws are loved by their recipients! I was excited to receive mine, then the status changed to backordered, too. After reading comments about excessive shedding in the TSV thread I decided to cancel the throw. @customer67  The thought of having to vacuum out my washer and dryer sounded like a nightmare.

Honored Contributor

I haven't experienced the more expensive and thick throws of his from many years ago.  However I did get this TSV as well as a few from more recent years and to me this seems to be of very similar quality.

I got the leopard, have washed it and there is NO shedding!  I checked the dryer for any residue and there is none....so perhaps some colors for whatever reason have this problem.

I also like the weight of this throw...to me it's perfect!  Not too heavy or too light.  I really don't want to have a super heavy throw that some seem to be fond of.  I tend to get a bit hot and I just want to feel cozy not smothered and sweating.