Honored Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso TSV throw - do you wash before use?

I wouldn't even think of washing something like a brand-new throw. Why?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Oh I'm Jealous mine haven't arrived yet.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

Two of mine arrived today - the alabaster and the pony. They are beautiful and feel wonderful. The alabaster is as stunning as it looked during the presentation and the pony looks so much better than it did during the presentation. I have the one from last year with the trim and I love that (it's the reason I purchased this new tsv), but I think I like these better. Keep in mind I have never purchased or paid much attention to faux furs so I really don't have a frame of reference, but they are VERY pretty, for lack of a better word. One thing I did notice is that the "mitered" corners Dennis talked about, technically are not mitered. The border and mitered corners he showed are just sewn in. The bears are very nice also, but really only wanted the throws. Waiting for the leopard and mink (gifts). WOW.

Valued Contributor

I am accepting any unwanted bears you might have! ;P
Valued Contributor

On 11/11/2014 kachina624 said: I wouldn't even think of washing something like a brand-new throw. Why?
I wouldn't either but I guess it is a good idea - just so you can see what it looks like after wash and have time to return it if you are not happy with it.
Super Contributor

Thank you all for your thoughts --appreciate it!
Respected Contributor

I wouldn't wash it when its new, you might loss some of its fabulousness with it going thru the machine. I would wait on that for sure.

Honored Contributor

On 11/12/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 11/11/2014 kachina624 said: I wouldn't even think of washing something like a brand-new throw. Why?
I wouldn't either but I guess it is a good idea - just so you can see what it looks like after wash and have time to return it if you are not happy with it.
TK-my thought as well. It needs to look good after washing otherwise it's not as functional. I don't want it purely as a decor item.

The directions say not to use a dryer-line dry. Wonder if the dryer does affect the look. Can anyone who has these comment on using the dryer vs line dry? Thanks!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

Those of you who ordered the Pony, what do you think of the color? Is it too yellow? Would it match a room that is decorated in brown and taupe? I ordered 2, alabaster and brushed heather...the alabaster is gorgeous but the brushed heather is a bit too dark and I thought the feather design was gray but it is actually brown so it won't match the spare bedroom that will be done in purple and gray.

ETA: Yes, I wash the throws before use not because I think that they are dirty but because they do have quite a bit of lose fuzz on them that will transfer to your clothing...put on something black and see for yourself, lol. Anyway, washing removes all of it.

Honored Contributor

Last night I washed the Alabaster and Leopard in a front-load washing machine in COLD water and then dried them in the dryer on LOW HEAT and they turned out beautifully! Very fluffy and soft!

Can't wait to use them tonight when I'll be trying to read and not shop!!!