Super Contributor

Dennis Basso TSV throw - do you wash before use?

I was wondering if anyone washes throws or blankets before using? Or is there no need as they are brand new. Are there any items you always wash no matter what? For me, that is sheets and underwear. Thanks!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso TSV throw - do you wash before use?

I do wash throws and blankets before using. I guess I wash most things before using, although sometimes I'll wear a shirt I didn't wash. Probably should though. I saw a documentary that showed different factories in India manufacturing clothing, from the best to worst.

Honored Contributor

I would wash Dennis Basso's throws. Did you see the way he was parading around with them, like a cape on a king? Smile

Respected Contributor

I saw that and he and Lisa had us all laughing here. He is someone a person we could have a lot of fun with just like he and Lisa had together the other day.

Honored Contributor

On 11/11/2014 ValuSkr said:

I would wash Dennis Basso's throws. Did you see the way he was parading around with them, like a cape on a king? Smile

What are you saying ..... that you think he rolls around on all of them before they're mailed out? What has that got to do with washing before using? {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

I'm not much of a germophobe. I don't wash anything bought new that I can think of before washing or using. Just not the way I was brought up, I guess. Seemed to work for my folks….my mom died at 93 and my dad at 88. So no, I didn't wash the DB throw I bought last year before using it. They are lovely throws.

Honored Contributor

I will be washing mine when they arrive today! When items are new from any store, I wash them if I can (e.g., obviously real leather coats...not!).

I love Dennis Basso! He looks as hugable as his teddy bears. I have several of his nice spring and rain coats; I have given them to my Mom and my sister and they like them, too. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

I always wash anything that is washable when I first get it, you don't know what the manufacturer put on it at the factory and that could be harmful chemicals to make it look good plus where ever it was made could have different standards than we are use too. Just a good precaution in my mind.

Regular Contributor

The presentation I saw said not to use fabric softener.

Honored Contributor

And do wash them in COLD and dry on LOW HEAT.

My two throws are headed to the dryer right now!

I love the bears!!