Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso TSV - December 13, 2023!

I've bought Dennis' throws in the past and have also given them as gifts, all very nice.

I had no intention of buying the TSV as I have so many throws, but when I saw he offered it in ermine, I bought it for sentimental reasons.  In the 1940's my mother worked for a furrier.  She was a seamstress and sewed the fur pelts together by hand to make the fur coats for the society women in NYC.   When she got married her boss gave her an ermine jacket as a wedding present.  I remember seeing it as a child and it was beautiful.  So this throw will remind me of it.  Please don't bash my post.  I don't believe in killing animals to make a coat, but that was a different time back then.

To all who bought, enjoy it!

Contributor

I felt that the BD throw was skimpy, cheap material and overpriced.  The colors were drab and uninspiring.

Dennis Basso's items are far superior in terms of quality and are offered in lovely, rich colors and generous sizes.  There is obviously no comparison.

I've owned his products going back 15 years.  They launder and dry beautifully and feel as sumptuous as the day they arrived.  The fact that he has been with the Q for 30 years says it all.  

Respected Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

I've bought Dennis' throws in the past and have also given them as gifts, all very nice.

I had no intention of buying the TSV as I have so many throws, but when I saw he offered it in ermine, I bought it for sentimental reasons.  In the 1940's my mother worked for a furrier.  She was a seamstress and sewed the fur pelts together by hand to make the fur coats for the society women in NYC.   When she got married her boss gave her an ermine jacket as a wedding present.  I remember seeing it as a child and it was beautiful.  So this throw will remind me of it.  Please don't bash my post.  I don't believe in killing animals to make a coat, but that was a different time back then.

To all who bought, enjoy it!

I did some modeling in the 70's when Alaskan Fur was very popular. One of the companies I modeled for. They were beautiful back then but times have changed.

Super Contributor

@twinsister That is a wonderful story and I hope you enjoy your ermine throw and it brings you lovely memories of your childhood.
Frequent Contributor

I bought the Blush Mink at midnight. I'm glad Dennis kept the price down on this one. I hadn't seen a faux fur throw in this color. I'm glad I got one because it’s sold out.
Super Contributor

twinsister I really enjoyed the ermine story and I so hope this will bring you wonderful memories.  

Esteemed Contributor

I just looked at Donna Salyers website, specifically the throws. Yes, they look amazing, but at 3 times the price (in most cases) of a Basso, they should look better! I'll have to pass on the one I liked for $350!

Honored Contributor

I like the dark chocolate brown option.

All very beautiful.

Nice  photos by a poster.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

an easy pass for me.

i would not wrap myself or anyone else in petroleum

look into more eco-friendly products and you will feel better overall.

Respected Contributor

I love DB blankets.  They are great for snuggling on cold Winter nights.  I especially like the animal prints--so exotic and fashionable.  My cats agree they are the best!

I think Donna Salyer's throws are nice, but some are half the size and twice the price.  I USE my blankets daily.  DB blankets wash well, hold up for years, and always look great.

I am tempted to purchase the black, but I already have a pretty big DB collection.