Honored Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso Faux Fur Coat Presentation

@JenniW wrote:

I have the first version of this coat from three years ago in the chocolate color.  I think it's absolutely gorgeous and it keeps me very warm in Midwest winters.  The key to looking somewhat svelte in this coat is to use the waist-cinching feature.  I'm 5'6" & wear a Medium, so am pretty average-sized and I feel great in this anorak style.  My guess is it would look good on most women and it is certainly cozy.   

@JenniW  I remember that "first version" with the cinched waist that you mention.  However, I still own the very first version of this Basso coat, which has a few differences (such as no cinching at the waist and I prefer that) and sleeves that you can't turn up or you'll see lining. It's so old also that it has shoulder pads inside it.  Otherwise, though, my coat, which I got in charcoal gray and which was a TSV many, many years ago, has been the warmest coat I've ever owned other than my real furs which I no longer wear.  It is finally, just this year, coming apart inside - torn lining - but goodness I've soooo gotten my wear out of this coat.  I wore it so often, even though I have many coats, because it is so warm.  I always to this day get compliments on it  and  (as I said it's charcoal gray) I joke to people who give me compliments that "this coat is so old it used to be white!"   

Mine is dry clean only and it's been dry cleaned many times and come out no worse the wear because of it (although I also hate going to the dry cleaners).  I'm thinking about the TSV today, even though I'd rather not have the cinching/anorek aspect of it) because I do need to part with my old TSV finally and this is probably a timely replacement for it.  I wish I could remember what year my coat is from but it's just from too long ago.

Honored Contributor

I'm liking the leopard more and more.  Leopard is here to stay, so that's my pick.  It's a classic and can be worn casual. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).

I turn the channel if Dennis Basso is on.  He creeps me out - always "stroking" the models. I feel so sorry for them, having to put up with that!   He's a perv!!  I spend a lot of money with QVC, but they don't make a dime off of me from any Dennis Bosso products.  QVC - wise up, especially in today's culture.  Disgusting, creepy, touchy-feely old men have no place on prime time TV.

Esteemed Contributor

IMHO this TSV has no style. It looks like a bathroom rug with a hood. If you are petite, this coat will overwhelm your frame. I bought a London Fog petite coat for $99.00 from Macy's. It was origina!ly $275.00. The color is BlackBerry. It is a beautiful coat and fits perfectly.

I will never understand why you would buy a coat and need to roll the sleeves. It would just add more bulk. This is the rhetoric we get when clothing is not specifically made for petites. This is a waste of money.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I love that it's machine washable!  I like to refresh my coats and jackets, if possible, without having to send them to the dry cleaner.  (Not crazy about the fume residue.)    The burgundy (or whatever color it's called) caught my eye last night.   Love the hood, too.   Nice color options.  I haven't decided which color to order.  I'll wait until the next presentation. Enjoy!

@ROMARY   Jill made an announcement and said that the COAT IS NOT MACHINE WASHABLE.  Apparently some of the hosts had the wrong information.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

I love that it's machine washable!  I like to refresh my coats and jackets, if possible, without having to send them to the dry cleaner.  (Not crazy about the fume residue.)    The burgundy (or whatever color it's called) caught my eye last night.   Love the hood, too.   Nice color options.  I haven't decided which color to order.  I'll wait until the next presentation. Enjoy!

@ROMARY   Jill made an announcement and said that the COAT IS NOT MACHINE WASHABLE.  Apparently some of the hosts had the wrong information.

@Kachina624, last night during Posh Presents, Jane and Dennis were saying the coat is machine washable.  The product information on-line also states the coat is machine washable. 

Maybe Jill was talking about a different coat.

Honored Contributor

I'm fairly sure that the TSV is machine washable.  It's been stated on the left side of the tv screen description.   There is another similar sheared mink longer length coat that isn't machine washable.  It's available in Wine color.  Very nice, btw.  It was presented on one of the shows.   Love that Wine color.  I missed out on the TSV in Wine, and decided to choose the Leopard instead.  Then, I began to like the Grey, too.   I'm seriously crazy about the TSV, as you can tell (see).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many designers, people who are in the textile business, and people who like to sew, etc. are very tactile.  I'm always feeling fabrics, even socks.  I'm the sock feeler. Always looking for the most cushiony socks.  You should see me in the sock dept. of department stores, lol.  Security gets a good chuckle, I'm sure.

Honored Contributor

@JenniW wrote:

I have the first version of this coat from three years ago in the chocolate color.  I think it's absolutely gorgeous and it keeps me very warm in Midwest winters.  The key to looking somewhat svelte in this coat is to use the waist-cinching feature.  I'm 5'6" & wear a Medium, so am pretty average-sized and I feel great in this anorak style.  My guess is it would look good on most women and it is certainly cozy.   

I agree.  I'm pretty thin  but whenever I wear it, I use waist-cinch.  It does keep me warm and it is a well made coat.  In the years that I have had it, I have received a number of compliments (though I think it's because of the wine color.)  I'm not a personal fan of Basso, but he knows how to make coats.

Honored Contributor

I have had several of his coats through the years.  I have donated some that were faux fur since no one dresses up much here anymore and also they seemed too large and bulky for me.  I still have one that is over 10 years old (black -- not fur-- and it came with a print scarf).  I bought one that I should have returned as the sleeves were very "puffy" -- I should have known better.  I also bought his crepe pants this year and they are beautiful and fit well.   Sometimes he and Shawn are too silly -- pretty much like he was with Lisa R.