Honored Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso Faux Fur Coat Presentation

@hopi, of my three coats of his, one of them I do look chubby.  But I have a faux mink, dressy, and then I have a reversible suede (still sold) to some kind of fur one they do not make me look chubby.  The dressy mink one, I bought over 15 years ago when more things were sold in petite.  The reversible one is a missy size and sleeves are rolled up.  Both timeless coats.  Even rolled up, it hits my knuckles when my arm is down.  But I'm used to that, being short all my life.  Most things don't fit me perfectly.

I'm five ft tall, 133 lbs which is not big but not little either.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1

@Sweet_Serenity

Honest opinions appreciated!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@hopi, of my three coats of his, one of them I do look chubby.  But I have a faux mink, dressy, and then I have a reversible suede (still sold) to some kind of fur one they do not make me look chubby.  The dressy mink one, I bought over 15 years ago when more things were sold in petite.  The reversible one is a missy size and sleeves are rolled up.  Both timeless coats.  Even rolled up, it hits my knuckles when my arm is down.  But I'm used to that, being short all my life.  Most things don't fit me perfectly.

I'm five ft tall, 133 lbs which is not big but not little either.

My arms are longer and I live in Chicago, longers sleeves are not an issue. Cold is!

You are a tiny person. So at best you would look like a chipmunk.Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Speaking of colder weather!! We are experiencing cold front!! Freezing Florida!! I DO NOT!! Miss cold weather. Especially since loosing weight. Talking about winter coats making me colder.

Honored Contributor

@hopi, I live in the Chicago area, too, so I know what you mean.

@Sweet_Serenity, I have to laugh at what you said.  You sound like my niece who was crying that it was 49 degrees in Daytona Beach the other day.  She's forgotten what cold really is, lol.  Wrap up and stay warm.  It's in the low twenties here right now.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Here's the thing about these kind of coats; if you want to be warm, you're going to look "puffy", lol. Be it down, faux fur, faux down...no one looks svelte (well, there is always the exception). I'm dressing for warmth. I don't care if I look like a Grizzly Bear, I'm going to be warm in the coat/layers I have when going out. You want to freeze in order to look slim/fashionable? Be my guest. I'm not going down that path.

If you love it and want it and need it, buy it.

I have 2 of his coats and LOVE them. I'm thinking about this but I really need one that allows snow/water to run off it. 

Esteemed Contributor

That coat would be a nice car coat for me in the grey but I have too many coats as it is.

Esteemed Contributor

@hopi wrote:

I need a kick around coat and Leah can always sell me and tried to order. The Q page would not let me ....... thought it was a warning

Big faux pax on Q's part.

So you are recommending it

I am afraid of looking like a bear.

Same here! I tried on a coat like this once, (in black). My mother said it was cute, and I looked like a little bear cub. (I'll pass).

Respected Contributor

Just watching a presentation now of some Basso fashions. Find the TV screen with a loop of other models on the set distracting.

Respected Contributor

@Dar321 I don't have this particular coat, but I do have 3 others of Dennis's. I am a 1X-2X, depending on cut. I'm 5' 6", 250 lbs, pear-shaped. Now, I will admit that these coats don't make me look sleek and svelte, but not much will at my size, lol! But, the 3 coats I have are quite flattering, and don't make me look any bigger. I was really quite surprised. Even my husband has complimented me on them.

The only way to find out, is to try it. And when you look in the mirror, don't expect to look "smaller"---expect to look good! If this style doesn't suit you, maybe another will.