Trusted Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso Faux Fir Throw

I feel like his patterns have been nicer in the past.  I purchased a pure white mink and and a grey and white mink throw at Home Goods last year for $30 each, and they are much more attractive than these TSV ones.  If you have a Home Goods near you, I would check them out.

Valued Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

Thanks for the replies.  I looked at the TSV from this time last year and there are quite a few negative reviews mainly about too much lint and thinness of it (not that I need it to be really warm/thick) but the lint issues of which there were many is a pause for concern.

@giddy up, I bought mine last year and have absolutely no issues with lint. I highly recommend!

Respected Contributor

@Sueliz wrote:

@giddy up wrote:

Thanks for the replies.  I looked at the TSV from this time last year and there are quite a few negative reviews mainly about too much lint and thinness of it (not that I need it to be really warm/thick) but the lint issues of which there were many is a pause for concern.

@giddy up, I bought mine last year and have absolutely no issues with lint. I highly recommend!

@Sueliz wrote:

@giddy up wrote:

I have several of DB throws from the past and they did not shed at all.  They are the best!  I have given several as gifts as well and everyone loves them so much, no mention of lint ever.

Respected Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

I have had quite the opposite experience.  Am buying three more as gifts this year as there has been no lint any where from the throw I bought last year.  It also washes and dries like a dream without any special care except except for cold water and low heat.

Respected Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@Sueliz wrote:

@giddy up wrote:

@Sueliz wrote:

@giddy up wrote:

I have several of DB throws from the past and they did not shed at all.  They are the best!  I have given several as gifts as well and everyone loves them so much, no mention of lint ever.

I had no issue with the ones I bought last year either.  In fact, my kids fight over them.  I bought 2 of the TSV, one for each of them.

New Contributor

I have 2 of these and they're wonderfully soft and thick and unique that way.  when I cuddle up it's these I reach for, not the Berkshire.  There's nothing wrong with the Berkshire, but the Dennis Basso are a cut above.  You only need so many though.  When these came on TSV, I looked and debated but one in the living room and one in the bedroom for me....I live alone....is enough.....my cat has yet to discover them but she loves my Isaac bathrobe, she thinks it belongs to her.

If you do end up getting a Dennis Basso throw, you won't be disappointed.

Honored Contributor

they are fantastic......cannot even tell you how many i own. i would definitely call them "luxurious."

my mom has gifted my daughters and my son with these. they each have two. they use them for for their twin beds.....as a "quilt" and use them as they sleep. you cannot go wrong with any of them. i have some of the faux fur pillows that match also.

i have some of the berkshire throws and so do my kids, even the dog has one. LOL. i most recently bought them the holiday snoopy version. (and they are in their 20s Smiley Wink). love berkshire also, but as others have said, a totally different style.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Mine arrived yesterday. HOLY MOLY THEY ARE FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I ordered 5 plus have one from last year. I'm telling you, these things feel like the real deal, they are the perfect size and weight. I've going back to order a few more for gifts as my in-laws were over and fell in love with them as well.

People, these are worth EVERY penny. Love them.

Esteemed Contributor

I just received two of these throws today for gifts - one with the gray tones and one with the tan tones. They absolutely do not look anything like camo - I wondered about that when I read the comments here since I had just ordered them. I was happy when they arrived and I could see that there is nothing camo about these wonderfully soft throws! They're beautiful - wish I had ordered one for myself!

Valued Contributor

Just thought I would update.  I didn't get the Dennis Basso throw.  But I did get the oversized Bershire throw in a deep navy/royal blue that is so soft and not a bit of lint after washing.  Nice sale price too.fullsizeoutput_321.jpeg