Esteemed Contributor

Re: Denim & co TSV for 8/7/2023

I buy pull on jeans.  I buy the petite size. AND I DO NOT SPEND WHAT THEY ARE SELLING THEIRS FOR.  There are soooo many options out there being sold by other places online and in stores.  

Honored Contributor

I don't like the look of the front of the jean. I understand it makes for a smooth front, and it would be hidden with a tunic, but I don't wear tunics. I prefer a traditional zip fly jean with pockets front and back. 

Esteemed Contributor

No front pockets and don't like the looks of the flat front and boot cut.  Guess there's nothing I like about them.  Easy pass.

Respected Contributor

I'm an anti-pocketer.  Smiley Happy  I've never understood the need for bulky pockets.  I have honestly never placed anything in any pants pockets.  I prefer no pockets.

Honored Contributor

I just checked Blair - to see if they still have the flat waist bootcut jeans.  I have a several pairs ... good fabric, good fit.  

They have a bunch of items on clearance ..... and one of the colors of the bootcut jeans was marked down to $4.97 ,,,,, dark red / Claret.  They have a couple of other colors at regular price.

Red is one of "my colors" - so I bought 3 more pairs!  Also found a shirt and a sweater that were marked way down.  And, I got a free shipping email code earlier today.

Less than $40 - 3 pairs of pants, a button front shirt and a turtleneck tunic/sweater.  

-----------------------------

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@nunu4u

If you want pants almost identical to the D&C discontinued ones, check out Blair .... their Denim-Ease line.

Honored Contributor

@santorini 

I'm also anti-pocket .... I usually sew them closed.

==========================

@santorini wrote:

I'm an anti-pocketer.  Smiley Happy  I've never understood the need for bulky pockets.  I have honestly never placed anything in any pants pockets.  I prefer no pockets.

Frequent Contributor

I agree that most everyone wearing the jeans looks like the knees are too snug.  The fabric wrinkles around the knees and interrupts the line of the Jean looking like they should have sized up.  I went up a size so I'll see how they fit.

Occasional Contributor

What is sizing like on D & C jeans?  Do you go up a size, how much stretch in this line?  I am in between sizes, in Susan Graver & Women With Attitude, Encore I go with a Medium or 12, sometimes I'll do 14, but w/ stretch don't need usually to do that, how forgiving is the denim in this line.  I like a fitted jean, but not if it's stiff.  Someone, please help, no one answers on the item questions section & everyone is complaining about pockets.  I could care less about pockets, never use them.

Esteemed Contributor

@seedpie wrote:

I agree that most everyone wearing the jeans looks like the knees are too snug.  The fabric wrinkles around the knees and interrupts the line of the Jean looking like they should have sized up.  I went up a size so I'll see how they fit.

IMHO, you should have stayed with your true size. I think you will find these jeans aren't designed properly. Hopefully, it works out.