Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Company TSV. - March 17, 2023

I would like to see TSV's a little less pricey.

Honored Contributor

@PhillyGirl23   I disagree about the swim suit D&Co/Gary's team brought last week. I thiink the design is spot on, genius really to offer petite and regular sizing. I also really liked the prints too. If I was one who still enjoyed great vacations on an isleand somewhere, I'd have picked up easily three of those suits.

We all have our opinions, this is mine on those swim suits. And it is okay that we can share our opinions without being unkind.

Respected Contributor

March 17 comes once a year, and USED to be a "Big Day" for QVC...with many Irish brands, items, music, etc (OK..too cornball for me..

.BUT I liked to see the fashions and imported goods from somewhere OTHER than you know where....)

But alas....thier market studies must indicate that either people aren't buying Irish stuff as they used to, or they can't afford the Irish offerings,or  they are tired of the same old offerings ( particularly the buh-hon-less cardigans...that's been beaten to death all of Covid...cheap way to make a garment designed to be worn in colder weather, that you can't CLOSE to keep you warm)...or don't want clothes and throws that have to be cared for more carefully than just tossing in the washer and dryer.....

Maybe there were lots of returns in the last year, of unsold inventory. Not necessarity customer returns.

Or, maybe they can't get enough to support a TSV in quatity.

But I gotta say...the unattractive D+C pedal pusher for the TSV takes the cake even to me.....I saw it at midnight, heard the many places someone wears it ( trains, planes, busses going to the theater in NYC where, well , you know...) and turned it off.

They do have some nice Irish offerings though...I like any with zip closures...but I already have two that I rarely wear so won't be ordering more....

The  jewelry, the claddagh stuff, the bead bracelets...nope...same ole same old.

Trusted Contributor

Looks like some thing ordinary that can be found a lot cheaper at Macy's in Walmart
Contributor

I guess there are people that like pedal pushers and that's ok but seeing the comments here I really think QVC has lost its audience. Not sure if the restructuring had anything to do with it but it just looks like the same products over and over in different variations
Honored Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 wrote:
Looks like some thing ordinary that can be found a lot cheaper at Macy's in Walmart

Agree except that QVC offers it in so many sizes that Macy's does not.  IMO, that's QVC big selling point, i.e, xxs to 5x and petitie, regular and tall.  Hard to find those size elsewhere.

Respected Contributor

I was interested at first glance. I have heavy legs and thought this length would serve me better than the pants that hover around my fat calves. I love this fabric in the bermuda shorts sold here and have lots of them that I wear around the house. I like that they're not form-fitting, again a good fabric for this style. The pull-on feature does not interest me at all and even on the home page pictures, it shows unflattering gathering in the back waist. I probably would get them if they weren't pull-ons and didn't have the elastic waist. I only saw the presentation by Leah this morning and they did no justice to her at all, IMO. For those who love the length, wear them in good health and feel fabulous in them!

Valued Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@staciesmom wrote:

Unflattering on every one of the models. Easy pass.

@staciesmom   You are so right! Unless one has the same height, weight and body proportions as the model these pant will look awful on the average woman. And this is a spring color? 

For everyone complaining that QVC is courting a younger audience, not with these.

I laugh when I think what my daughter ("younger audience") Would say about these pants!

Honored Contributor

Funny comments from the QVC haters.  I'm probably going to buy either the tan or navy.  I don't wear shorts, including Bermuda shorts. But sometimes I feel overdressed in a maxidress or ankle pants when everyone else is wearing shorts.  We do beaches, fairs etc with the grandkids.  A pair of these skimmers will have a place in my summer wardrobe.  I like the way they look on the models and how they are styling them.  

Honored Contributor

I think they could have made a better effort to not make them look like elastic waist pants if they had made the front waistband smooth.

These pants are not for me no matter how you slice them, but I think there would be fewer negative comments if that change were made because they would look less like (I'm going to say it...) "old lady pants."  At least you would be able to do a front tuck or something to jazz them up.

My opinion only, and incidentally, although I made the "Ugh" comment somewhere above, it was based on the OP picture.  They don't actually look as bad in the presentation.