Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Company TSV. - March 17, 2023

@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

Hideous

Nothing special about these

Trusted Contributor

FRUMPY (like ALL D&C clothing) and OVERPRICED - looks like a $15 Walmart item. Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Julia and Gary are really blowing some smoke...earlier saying in their show that these skimmers would be three figures in high end stores. Julia specifically gave a dollar figure of, wait for it, $129.00. 😲😲😲

Don't get me wrong, I've gladly paid $70 to $80 for some tops here on QVC that I like. Others would surely think that was nuts! But it was worth it to me. I thought they were somewhat unique and something I couldn't find elsewhere. And another good thing is I didn't have to go out shopping to try and find them!

But this TSV today is really nothing special. The ones below from Wally World do have the same fabric content as the TSV, 98% cotton 2% spandex, with a 17 inch inseam. But, of course, they're not the identical same pants and the quality might not be as good, but close. I only see plus sizes but since I'm a 1X it works for me. Oh, and I only wear them knocking around the joint anyway! Price....$15.44. 

Just My Size Women's Plus Size Size 2 Pocket Pull on Capri Pant

Honored Contributor

@lizzief wrote:

Who wants to line dry pants? I have a feeling many of those who purchased will return what they ordered when they read the care instructions! Also, I think it's funny they invented a new name for pedal pushers - skimmers!  Whatever you want to call them, they hit at the most unflattering part of the calf -  no thank you!

@lizzief    I disagree with those of you who find these unflattering.  I have shortish legs and find them far more flattering than crops which look like you just outgrew your britches and make short women look dumpy.

There is no reason why a 95% cotton 5% Spandex pant can't be machine dried as all D&C is pre-shrunk.  It will probably emerge from the dryer a wrinkled mess just like the original waist pants.  I'd smooth them out and dry on a hanger.

It should also be noted that this twill fabric will be a magnet for lint, dust and pet hair, also like the original waist pants. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

One more time, a hard pass for me.  I was hoping for a  midi or maxi airy dress.  I'd at least think about that... Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

Looks like a leftover TSV from the 90's with a giant price hike.

They don't flatter anyone and look dated and frumpy IMO.

Honored Contributor

They must not be selling all that well .... hosts & Gary are beginning to sound desperate.

I only wear full length straight and wide leg pants.  I haven't worn "short" pants in many years.  Just don't work with my lifestyle.

Regular Contributor

I am not buying these as they do not suit my taste. In all fairness, because they are not for me, does not mean that they do not have merit for another. I would give more replies consideration if they were written with honest but kind words that are not hurtful to others. 

Valued Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Julia and Gary are really blowing some smoke...earlier saying in their show that these skimmers would be three figures in high end stores. Julia specifically gave a dollar figure of, wait for it, $129.00. 😲😲😲

Don't get me wrong, I've gladly paid $70 to $80 for some tops here on QVC that I like. Others would surely think that was nuts! But it was worth it to me. I thought they were somewhat unique and something I couldn't find elsewhere. And another good thing is I didn't have to go out shopping to try and find them!

But this TSV today is really nothing special. The ones below from Wally World do have the same fabric content as the TSV, 98% cotton 2% spandex, with a 17 inch inseam. But, of course, they're not the identical same pants and the quality might not be as good, but close. I only see plus sizes but since I'm a 1X it works for me. Oh, and I only wear them knocking around the joint anyway! Price....$15.44. 

Just My Size Women's Plus Size Size 2 Pocket Pull on Capri Pant

Three figures for a pair of plain skimmers? That is beyond a stretch. Some of things Julia says are just ridiculous! Not a fan at all. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Skimmers are nothing new. I have been buying them for the past 5 years in Talbots for a lot more money. The ones I have are a little more stylish with a small kick pleat and a few buttons at the opening and the fabric is nicer. they also have a flat waistband in the front, which I prefer.  They are also about double the price when not on sale. 
Some people, like myself, prefer to cover the knees. I have scars from knee replacement that I prefer to cover depending on where I will be. It's an alternative to crop pants and shorts. Not for everyone, I get it, but don't call them ugly as some like them.