Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Company May 12 TSV

[ Edited ]

For some reason, my post disappeared?  Or maybe I posted on the wrong thread, lol............Anyway, I like the grey, the olive, and the black.  Would like to see true navy.  The darker colors are great for Fall/Winter, too.  Haven't decided which color to order, though.   As someone mentioned here, I've been to very warm (hot) areas where the office folks were dressed in Fall/Winter items, because of very cold air conditioning.  UPDATE:  I found my first post.........it posted as a Tuesday post. (?)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I thought Rachel looked really cute with the denim vest on top. But I'm not buying tday.

It did look good on Rachel but she was the only one it looked nice on. Carolyn had it on a few days ago and it was clinging and too short for her. The pockets call attention to you stomach, not good.

Respected Contributor

I think it's cute -- wish they had offered it in petites.

Valued Contributor

Dress isn't good for Carolyn as it's too short, too small at her middle, sleeves bad length, and bad color for her (the green). I've liked it on everyone else though.

i ordered two of them two sizes up with the intention of cutting the bottom off one and attaching it to the other so it will be a midi or maxi.  I don't have a clue if that will work.  If any seamstresses out there have a thought, please advise.

For me this will be a lounging  dress.  I have not been able to find a maxi with sleeves to wear around the house. Maybe this experiment will just be a waste of money in shipping costs, but I thought I'd have a look/see.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Petite gals: The TSV looked good on host Amy, and also the petite models.  Not too long.  Check out the first presentation, Midnight ET, video, if still available.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Regular Contributor

I thought so as well and ordered the pink in the xxs and will return if it is too huge.

I can see myself wearing this year round actually!

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder why the length looks so short on Caroline?  

Does anyone have an opinion about the D&C Active French Terry?  Does it launder well or does it come out looking wrinkled?

I've bought D&C cotton spandex before(not recently) and have been less than thrilled with how the garments look after washing.  I've laundered in a front loader and dried on low until still damp then hung to dry and the garments wind up looking worse for wear.

Valued Contributor

I ordered in the coral color Smiley Happy I'm 5'2" but think a great pair of heels, sandals or flip flops will look great with it! Plus, summer mornings get a bit cold in the mornings in MI. Gonna give this a chance!

Super Contributor

The dress on Carolyn is too short and too tight in the mid section because she is wearing a size that is too small for her.  She frequently wears a size to small, not a good look for her at all.

The correct size on the models, they all look good.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's really cute and it looked great on the hosts and models!! Bought ALL the colors because I can dress it up or down and will wear the darker colors in the fall with heavy ribbed tights and boots and my leather jacket!! I need to make my money stretch further out, so this fits the bill for me!! I think with great accessories, for example a great scarf or my long beaded necklaces and heels this should work!! Gosh, I just hope it looks good on me, if not...The returns will be awful, wish me luck ladies!! Woman Embarassed