Frequent Contributor

How long does one hold on to Denim & co clothing, (of course wear it), and then either sell or donate ? Just curious, thanks.

Valued Contributor

I have a washable, black, a line, velvet dress, it is 40 years old.  I call it my Christmas dress.  I get compliments every time I wear.  They don't make them like that any more.  Not a D&C fan now.  

Respected Contributor

That's such a broad question.  It just depends on how well the garment holds up and whether it's hopelessly out of style or not.  

Honored Contributor

@Peppu    Usually until you get tired of them and just NEED something new.

Yesterday they sold a plain, blue chambray button down cotton work shirt for about $63.  I told my sister I have a goldmine in my closet as I own at least a half dozen of them.  Perhaps I should include them in my will?  Sure won't be donating those.  The old stuff is much better fabric than currently is being sold.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

With the prices going up. I'm keeping all my clothing until they wear out.

Respected Contributor

Generally, the average lifespan of clothes in my closet is 3 years.  Specifically regarding Denim & Co, I like most of the styles, the construction, and the fit.  The issue I find is the fabrics.  Not unlike myself, they get old looking far sooner than I expected 😀

Honored Contributor

The past couple of years, I was replacing my entire wardrobe, from underwear to outerwear and everything in between, with each new season.  I'd even replace some favorites with the same thing in a smaller size.  Now that I'm maintaining my weight loss, I intend to hang onto everything as long as it continues to look good.  I confess, I've bought more clothes than I really need.  🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co clothing

[ Edited ]

Since I can't remember any of my clothing regardless of brand ever "wearing out" I keep the item until it "shrinks" or I "outgrow" it--LOL!!!  Or I get bored with it.

I have never "sold" an item of clothing, always donate it.

Respected Contributor

Items that I purchased 10 - 12 years ago lasted a lot longer than more recent purchases.  

Trusted Contributor

Just the other day I wore a Denim & Co ivory quarter zip fleece that is at least 12 years old.  It has an embossed snowflake pattern and still looks great.  Most of my casual clothes last about 3-5 years.