Regular Contributor

Re: Denim & Co. Wrap Front Swim Dress TSV 4/11

Gus Mo, I feel exactly the same way about this site sometimes. I like to find out how someone liked something that may have been purchased previously but the comments up here sometimes are down right brutal. It’s so sad to see women tearing other women down. And it doesn’t seem to matter if it’s comments about the hosts or if someone ask a legitimate question. And we think that only children do the bullying. I wonder where they learn it from….smh
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

Haven't worn a swimsuit since I was 25, and many others should not either.

What an awful comment.  If someone feels past it, and decides not to wear a bathing suit, so be it -- do you.  But that transference onto others is such an ugly commentary on women.  

Get a bathing suit that you feel comfortable in and have a wonderful time.  Enjoy the summer water activities.  

Honored Contributor

Very cute,if you wear swimsuits,carolyn looks so cute.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Just wear shorts and a T Shirt....if you are too big for that, you are too big for a swim suit. Sorry, just the honest truth.

Respected Contributor

Re: the comment that some women shouldn't wear bathing suits. I have had my eyes opened in Florida more than I ever did in the Midwest. 
We go to the beach regularly. I see seniors like me wearing thong bikinis-with their big bellies hanging over the front and their cottage cheese b*utt cheeks sagging in back. That's how I would look. I choose not to. I often see hugely pregnant women in teeny bikinis. Again, not something I would ever have done. But that's just me. Doesn't make it right or wrong. 
That's the point isn't it? Just because I personally would not go into public like that, doesn't mean someone else shouldn't. I'm not the fashion police. If a woman looks in her mirror and says I look good, I'm going for it, that is entirely her business. 

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

I completely agree!  I missed the beginning of Carolyn's presentation.  What size did she say she was wearing? The video online right now is of Leah (wearing a 12).  Maybe they will update with Carolyn's presentation later, as I heard her say that Leah looked great presenting it, so she was on before Carolyn.

Thanks!

ETA. I just watched Leah's presentation and saw no models.  I caught the presentation at midnight and I do not think they ever mentioned the sizes the models were wearing.  It is always helpful to know the sizes they are wearing.

Valued Contributor

Carolyn is wearing her usual D&C size.  I believe she said it was a size 16.

Respected Contributor

@GloriBee wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I completely agree!  I missed the beginning of Carolyn'e presentation.  What size did she say she was wearing? The video online right now is of Leah (wearing a 12).  Maybe they will update with Carolyn's presentation later, as I heard her say that Leah looked great presenting it, so she was on before Carolyn.

Thanks!

Carolyn said that she is in the 16.  But Pam who is normall a 16 wears a 18 because she says that she has a long torso.

Esteemed Contributor

Most of my swimsuits are Denim & Co. Priced right and modest cuts. I have enough for now. Not sure if this "swim dress" is too long for a petite?

Honored Contributor

@BCAKES    Absolutely harsh!  

As I read the other thread complimenting the bravery of the hosts wearing the swimsuits, I was thinking how sad it is that we women still seem to accept that only the currently accepted versions of great bodies should appear in public in swim suits.