Super Contributor

Re: Denim & Co. Wrap Front Swim Dress TSV 4/11

I can always count on plenty of negative comments on theses boards. It's tiring. 
I love this suit. I bought a swim suit a few years ago from QVC and I love it. 
who should wear a swimsuit? Anyone who wants to!

Honored Contributor

I wish this was a tankini style rather than  one piece.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch   I looked there are severral tankinis offered.  Found a really cute one from Land's End (didn't know QVC was selling Land's End clothing).  It has an underwire, so more support than most bathing suits.🩱

Occasional Contributor

I bought a swimsuit from Denim & Co. a couple weeks ago. I have an unsightly lump on my leg due to a boating injury years ago. I usually buy tankini tops and swim shorts from Land's End. The Denim & Co suit is a longer tankini top with biker short bottoms. It fits perfectly, looks great, and provides the coverage I need. I am 70, live in Florida, and wear bathing suits in the spring and all summer long. 

Respected Contributor

I've been wearing shorts and tank tops to the beach. Have two nice, good fitting one piece suits from lands end. Will take them on my cruise. Whether I'll actually take off my swimsuit coverups, I can't say. 😉

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

Gia looks ridiculous with that flower in her hair on the main page.

Honored Contributor

the design is one of DC's better ones

but I want a suit with underwire and they are hard to find

Honored Contributor

@banned again ...I think it looks very nice and she looks great with it in her hair.  

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Definitely a huge no for me.  My thighs are my problem area and this swimsuit doesn't give any thigh coverage.  

Honored Contributor

@BCAKES wrote:
I think the comment stating she hasn’t worn a suit since she was 25 and many others should not wearing suits either us harsh. There isn’t anyone with the prefect body out there. Everyone ages and our bodies change, but that don’t mean we shouldn’t enjoy doing things that require a swimsuit. I wouldn’t wear a bikini now that I am 50, but do wear the appropriate suit for my body and I think the comment stating she hasn’t worn a suit since she was 25 and many others should not wearing suits either us harsh. There isn’t anyone with the prefect body out there. and we do get older and our bodies change, but that don’t mean we shouldn’t enjoy doing things that require a swimsuit. I wouldn’t wear a bikini now that I am over 50, but do wear the appropriate suit for my body and age. Life is to enjoy!

Well said.  I hadn't worn a swimsuit in decades and then I looked at Lands End which has an option for everyone.  My mind was stuck on the idea that only women with perfect bodies could wear swimsuits.  My thighs are my trouble area so I chose a swim capris and paired it with a traditional swim top and it was perfect.  For the first time in decades, I joined family and friends at the beach and in pools.  I felt like I'd been released from prison!