Respected Contributor

I saw the video with Shawn selling it, that was just terrible with the outfit she has on.   She could have her own show called Fashion Nightmares, I can just imagine what she is telling her husband tonight, look what they made me wear.

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co. TSV?

[ Edited ]

@libbyannE wrote:

Very uninspiring and old-lady looking. denim and Co. desperately needs some design help. I would not be caught dead in that " eyelet" shirt. Ew-- The shirt is only 50/some per cent cotton. The tank has some spandex in it, which I avoid because it is hot and I just don't like how spandex feels. 

@libbyannE...well, I guess I'll look like an old lady because I bought one & may go back for a second color before the night is over. I think they're darling.  Aloha!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@elated wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

I love my "Q Diet", they are really turning me off with the clothing they are presenting and this one for sure.

I don't know who this is for?  Buttoned up holely shirt with a tank, that's something from years ago.

Sorry, but I think Gary needs to be replaced, it's "OLD" thinking and the designs coming out are boring and old fashioned.

I listened a little this morning, they are sure "pushing" this.

When will the management of the Q wake up and realize the leadership of D&C needs an entire revamping.

I have to agree wih you about Gary. I think ever since he became the head designer the clothing has gone down hill. I do not see any current styles. I do not think this set is flattering. I always dislike it when they keep pushing the idea that it looks good on anyone even petites. Please stop this when I know that is not true. I am petite and do not consider these styles to fit my figure. Petites are proportioned to fit that body type. I do not want crop pants that come down to my ankle or below.

He's been the head designer for quite a while (he's been in his current position for 10+ years). I think some people are under the impression that he  didn't become the head designer until he started appearing on air relatively recently. I don't think the line has gone downhill -- frankly, he has tried to introduce some newer trends into what is, as they always say, a line specifically designed for "the Denim & Co customer." Interpret that as you will. Smiley Happy I do agree that not everything works for petites, but I have to say that I thought Kulani looked really cute in the TSV today -- the sleeves may have been a bit long, so she had them rolled, but the shirt itself seemed to fit her XXS petite body quite well.

Correct, Gary has been senior designer for Denim & Co. for over 10 years.  He just wasn't on air until recent years.  He's brought Studio by Denim & Co., to the mix with more contemporary styles, and other designs.  But at its core, D&C will always be what it always has been for QVC -- rock steady.  I don't think they will ever change it too much.  

There is a time where you need someone new and fresh.  It doesn't matter if he's been the head designer for 1 year or 10 years, a change is needed.   I wish I was a fly on the wall with the team that works under him since he's giving direction to them.  I'm sure some are thinking "really?".

Esteemed Contributor

I thought it was a bit pricey BUT I bought it in the navy (or I guess they call it bright blue). I think it is cute, and I don't think it looks old, but I'm not that young anymore so what do I know? lol.  I wear lots of jeans and slacks, and  DH and I go to the movies and restaurants a lot. So, I thought it will be a little extra coverage when the AC is on in the Spring/Summer, since I'm always cold.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

I've always loved eyelet and I always will, outdated or not.

This is the kind of eyelet treatment that I like instead of allover:

https://softsurroundings.scene7.com/is/image/SoftSurroundings/25771?wid=400&hei=600

@SHOPR  I'd buy that in every color.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@elated wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

I love my "Q Diet", they are really turning me off with the clothing they are presenting and this one for sure.

I don't know who this is for?  Buttoned up holely shirt with a tank, that's something from years ago.

Sorry, but I think Gary needs to be replaced, it's "OLD" thinking and the designs coming out are boring and old fashioned.

I listened a little this morning, they are sure "pushing" this.

When will the management of the Q wake up and realize the leadership of D&C needs an entire revamping.

I have to agree wih you about Gary. I think ever since he became the head designer the clothing has gone down hill. I do not see any current styles. I do not think this set is flattering. I always dislike it when they keep pushing the idea that it looks good on anyone even petites. Please stop this when I know that is not true. I am petite and do not consider these styles to fit my figure. Petites are proportioned to fit that body type. I do not want crop pants that come down to my ankle or below.

He's been the head designer for quite a while (he's been in his current position for 10+ years). I think some people are under the impression that he  didn't become the head designer until he started appearing on air relatively recently. I don't think the line has gone downhill -- frankly, he has tried to introduce some newer trends into what is, as they always say, a line specifically designed for "the Denim & Co customer." Interpret that as you will. Smiley Happy I do agree that not everything works for petites, but I have to say that I thought Kulani looked really cute in the TSV today -- the sleeves may have been a bit long, so she had them rolled, but the shirt itself seemed to fit her XXS petite body quite well.

Correct, Gary has been senior designer for Denim & Co. for over 10 years.  He just wasn't on air until recent years.  He's brought Studio by Denim & Co., to the mix with more contemporary styles, and other designs.  But at its core, D&C will always be what it always has been for QVC -- rock steady.  I don't think they will ever change it too much.  

There is a time where you need someone new and fresh.  It doesn't matter if he's been the head designer for 1 year or 10 years, a change is needed.   I wish I was a fly on the wall with the team that works under him since he's giving direction to them.  I'm sure some are thinking "really?".

His tenure as head designer was brought up in response to the assertion that the line has gone downhill "ever since he became the head designer." In fact, the brand has expanded quite a bit under his leadership (D&Co Beach, D&Co Active, the Studio line, accessories, etc.) and added some more contemporary ideas, but always done in a D&Co way. I don't see it ever changing radically. The true "fans" like it, and it sells well. I think the team working on it realizes, as professionals, that they work within a set of parameters and understands that you design for a particular brand philosophy/look and for the established and faithful customer base.

Regular Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

Very uninspiring and old-lady looking. denim and Co. desperately needs some design help. I would not be caught dead in that " eyelet" shirt. Ew-- The shirt is only 50/some per cent cotton. The tank has some spandex in it, which I avoid because it is hot and I just don't like how spandex feels. 

@libbyannE...well, I guess I'll look like an old lady because I bought one & may go back for a second color before the night is over. I think they're darling.  Aloha!!

I really have to l laugh at the over the top hostility to this TSV. I ordered early and received it today so her is a review from someone who has actually seen it and tried it on...and washed it!    

First of all it is not eyelet...that's obvious from pictures and presentations.  It is not floral and it is not embroidered.  I would call it mesh.  It is not scratchy.  It will not need ironing.  The tank is well cut and and useful with other items...they have been doing these "top with tank" sets for years and I have tanks still in my closet that have outlived their top piece.

It is a good fit in my usual size Medium.  I bought it in white and I think it will make  a great, simple, go to, transitional outfit with dark skinny jeans and a pair of sunny yellow perforated flats I already own.  It's a classic button down shirt with a twist.  I have lots of trendy stuff in my closet...sometimes I want something simpler, but not boring and this works.

Respected Contributor

I like it to and bought 3 of them, the aqua, navy and white. I had the eyelet shirt from yesteryear and I hated to give it up but I did because it was worn. I think these will be perfect and appropriate for my office job in Florida. 

Honored Contributor

It is unlikely that any Denim & Co TSV is ever going to be high fashion.  TSVs are designed to appeal to the most people to make the biggest buck.  The target D & C audience wears this kind of thing (or at least that's what they're counting on.)  Although I buy some D & C, I wouldn't wear this. 

Trusted Contributor

I hope they do more in that cornsilk yellow color. I didn't get that one, but would like to get a top in that color in the future.