Esteemed Contributor

Re: Denim & Co TSV on April 4th

@Lali1 wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

Ok ladies be honest. I love the dress but....will it make an already fluffy 69 yr old look foolish,especially with all those tiers?  5'4", 162 lbs  all extra weight in bust and midsection 
please comment or advise. I can take it. 😉 I don't want to look like an after dinner mint in the pale blue or pink. 😄

I noticed that the model wearing it looks much larger than she normally does. 

-----------

I agree!  I thought models and hosts looked larger in the TSV.  Seems to me that the cut is too wide! I know it is supposed to be comfy and loose, but everyone looked broader across the stomach and hip area!

Respected Contributor

@ncmom wrote:

Just checked out the item number for the D&Co dress. I wish i could make it work. However, at 62, 5' 2", with a full upper arm, I'm not going to wear sleeveless with multiple tiers. I don't think it would be flattering on me. Of course, I can already hear Gary telling us to feel free to wear with a shrug or denim jacket...sandals or flats...out for brunch or around my pool. 😂

@ncmom Lol...you nailed it. Shrug and denim jacket both promoted with the dress.

Respected Contributor

Viewed from the front, the dress looked shaply on the ladies modeling this morning. I was tempted. Then when they turned to the side and back, it's less flattering. I don't care for a thick side view, especially in a midi length dress as it srtarts wearing the person. The shrug didn't help--ended just where it added 20 pounds to the rear. Perhaps it will look nice in person, but I'm not paying return fees to find out. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fairydogmother 

You're not fluffly!  At 5'4" & 162, you're just fine!  This dress will fabulous on you!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

This TSV would look better without the 3 tiers.  On the plus size models, it makes them look larger.  I am a plus size myself and would never wear this dress.  

Super Contributor

This would be cute on my trim and slim adult daughter, but it's not for me at age seventy-one even if I did top it with a jacket or sweater.  However, I did order the beach pants in the black and the navy bandana print as I've had some before and they work well on my size and age bracket with various tops.  

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@fairydogmother 

You're not fluffly!  At 5'4" & 162, you're just fine!  This dress will fabulous on you!

Aww thanks. I hope so

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

I got the blue & the black to wear around the house during the summer.  I have no hips so think I'll be ok.  Also got the black beach pants.  I remember last year I wish I had something loose to wear.

Honored Contributor

I thought this looked more like a house dress.  I thought some of the prints were cute but I couldn't see myself wearing this out and about. Certainly it wasn't anything I could wear to work.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I thought this looked more like a house dress.  I thought some of the prints were cute but I couldn't see myself wearing this out and about. Certainly it wasn't anything I could wear to work.

And I agree to a point- not for a professional work place. Around the house during our brutal Florida summers. But also to the beach towns and beaches for day trips 

Harmonize the World