Valued Contributor

Re: Denim & Co TSV on April 4th

I love the prints and the eggshell blue color.  This is one dress that I think is more flattering on the plus-size models- shows off their curves!  I loved the way Carolyn G is styling the outfit this AM.  She looks really pretty in the coral palm print, pearls, and white shrug/denim jacket.  

Honored Contributor

In some ways it looks nightgown-ish.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered 2 of them: the Palm print that Carolyn is wearing and the floral. I'm a medium, but the dress looks great on everyone from x-small to the plus sizes. I mostly wear dresses and skirts in the summer; I find them cooler and more comfortable than any kind of pants and I do not ever wear shorts. I am moving to the Carolinas this summer, so these dresses will be absolutely perfect in that heat and humidity. Gary hit a home run with these!

Trusted Contributor

This D&C dress is a pass for me. Looks like a maternity dress from long ago.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Occasional Contributor

Happy Easter everyone.  Loving the D&Co tsv today but am wondering what are the options for toppers beside a shrug or jacket.  I didn't find any that would go well with the jacket for the spring/summer months.  thanks for any help.

Valued Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

This D&C dress is a pass for me. Looks like a maternity dress from long ago.

That was my first thought but I loved the navy shibori. I agree as far as the overall look but had something similar during a Hawaii trip years ago that was perfect for the beach that I also wore with a belt. Ordered the navy shibori in petite last night before it was gone. May not go to the beach with it this time around but should be great to wear around the house. If not I have no problem sending it back. 

Respected Contributor

@haddon9  I'm definitely an 🍎 Apple. Will report back on whether the dress flatters me or makes me look like a big barrel of apples. Haha😋

@haddon9 wrote:

Anything that adds bulk such as tiers on a dress through the midsection will only add additional visual weight.  Which might be a good thing for those who are thin but anyone who is a little bit ample on top or an apple shape might not want to look larger.

An easy pass for me!

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@gto630 wrote:

Happy Easter everyone.  Loving the D&Co tsv today but am wondering what are the options for toppers beside a shrug or jacket.  I didn't find any that would go well with the jacket for the spring/summer months.  thanks for any help.

how about a wide sheer scarf to drape around your shoulders 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

I have to say, the Beach line from Denim &Co has been my favorite. I live in these garments. Remember the dresses from a year or two ago- palm prints in different colors, knee length, v- neck popover style? Have em in yellow and pink. Love!  The beach pants- literally go anywhere. And now this new pretty dress. I feel like I'm the woman Gary is designing the line for. Yeah. Haha. I'm that special. 😋😉😊

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

I'm clearly out of touch with fashion.  The recent TSV's have been so unattractive.  Today's is the worst yet.  Ruffles?  Can't imagine it would look good on anyone.