Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co French Terry Shorts 4/16

I like the longer 11-inch length. 

'Sort of' a walking or bermuda short.

I live in a cooler climate during the Summer, so the longer length appeals to me.

Of course,  I also like the shorter length for warmer seasons/climates.

Nice to have pockets, too.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I live in these French terry 11” shorts from April through Oct. I have about 12 pair in prior style from prior years. On me 11” is more a pedal pusher. I ordered 2 pair green, and 2 pair navy on free ship day. Wash wear repeat!
Honored Contributor

@Stevie Nix wrote:

I think they missed the mark on the pricing of these shorts.  Should be around 15.98 - 19.98, with a buy more and save.  Great for lounging around the house in the summer, not something I would wear "out."  If they were at a better price point I might consider getting a few pair.  So, no for me.

I feel the same way....however I broke down and ordered 2 pair of the 11" when I saw them on Antonella.  I thought they looked nice on her and anything that looks good on her will usually work for me...but we'll see!

Valued Contributor

I bought blue and black in the 8” length. I am 5’7” and an 8” short is the perfect length for me. They look very comfy. I am happy Denim & Co brought us 2 lengths to choose from. I thought Shawn’s outfit at midnight was cute and stylish.
Respected Contributor

For a TSV, these should be $15.99 at most for knit pull on shorts, which ends up about $20 with shipping and tax.. The crotch area must get bunchy because everyone is wearing long tops. If it’s warm enough for shorts, I’m not wearing a shirt and a jacket. 

Honored Contributor

It's been my experience that french terry seems to always pill...especially between the thighs or anywhere else where there is friction.

Valued Contributor

@Stevie Nix wrote:

I think they missed the mark on the pricing of these shorts.  Should be around 15.98 - 19.98, with a buy more and save.  Great for lounging around the house in the summer, not something I would wear "out."  If they were at a better price point I might consider getting a few pair.  So, no for me.

The shorts look like a $10 item from Walmart.

Honored Contributor

If they did 2 for $24 it would make more sense. They just look like you cut off a pair of sweatpants. 

Esteemed Contributor

The shorts are cute. However, I don't know what prices are in other areas, but I have numerous pairs of shorts like that (minus the side slit) and I paid 10 bucks each. QVC prices on clothing have gotten ridiculous the past few years.For instance they charge 50 some bucks for a t shirt, a lot of jeans are at 50 to 100. I buy t shirts for 10 to 12, jeans for 29 here!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Susan Louise   Re: A352818.  I find those fit 'n flare top to be extremely unflattering.  They give the effect of adding several inches to the hips.  Even the models look "hippy" in them.  Too bad because that print is very pretty.

@Kachina624  Well, it looks like you had a complete change of heart about this top. I just noticed your review and started LOLing because I remembered this post of yours.

You stated in your review you bought the turquoise and even gave it a 5 star rating!

Additionally, you still wonder if it's still flattering according to your review, but would you keep it and give it a 5 star review if you didn't even slightly feel that way?  Smiley Very Happy